PDA

View Full Version : Honda 250 big red tranny or clutch help ?

dustrunner
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
TRIING TO SHIFT IT INTO GEAR IT 'S LIKE NOTHING IS HAPPENING BUT IF YOU KEEP SHIFTING THE LEVER EVENTUALLY IT WILL GO INTO GEAR... THEN IT MAY GO INTO 2ND AND IF IM LUCKY 3RD BUT NOTHING ELSE...WONT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING INTO REVERSE... HELP :wondering

stillhunter
03-18-2014, 02:00 PM
My 85 sx is doing the same. Im hoping its one of the pins. There is a shift locater pin and another one that comes out the end of the shifter drum. I changed the infamous pin #21 a couple years ago when it was all locked up. It wouldn't even budge. So I tore it apart changed that pin which was broken and still nothing. That time it was locked because I had left it with the parking brake on and the shoes had seized to the drum after a couple days.

dustrunner
03-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Fixed it. Thanks to the honda repair manual. Had a broken pin and some miss aligned drums...thanks to whoever was in there before...

stillhunter
03-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Glad to hear that. I just tore into mine yesterday. The pin from the center of the drum was loose and allowed the end drum to rotate off its little spot. Is this pretty much what happened to yours.

dustrunner
03-23-2014, 09:17 PM
welp, the return spring pin broke but I thought I would look a lil' deeper sence im this far and noticed the shift drum was turned like you mentioned... ya, buttoned it back up and it's fine...hope you have the same results stillhunter.

stillhunter
03-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Me to , thanks