PDA

View Full Version : Got an 85' 250sx after debating next trike

afdfirefighter
03-18-2014, 10:36 AM
I put a thread up a few weeks ago about selling one of my Big Red 250es's and getting something more for trails. After seeing some of the replies and talking with a few members in chat I decided with a 250sx. Found this one about 4 hours away and went and grabbed it last night after work. Was a long drive and long night but worth it for what I got in my opinion. Can't wait to get the front wheel/tire setup that dougspcs has mentioned in a few threads. This thing should be fun in the trails.

Chopsaw
03-18-2014, 10:52 AM
I really like it . Very nice , I like the original look , used but cared for .

matt3x
03-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Really nice example of an '85 250SX. Enjoy it! Keep up on maintenance and it will last forever!

afdfirefighter
03-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys. Its in great shape. Going to add a thread to classifieds to find a mud flap but it is overall in excellent condition.

Fungo Wizard
03-18-2014, 11:21 AM
That thing is sweet!! They are awesome bikes for sure!

sp8twn
03-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Nice Trike congrats!!!

dougspcs
03-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Very nice!!! We gotta drive farther, faster and pay more for them now a days..

Good score..that was the one from Augres wasn't it?

Just a suggestion..lift the rack, remove the seat and bend the fender supports up. This will take some of the droop out of the fender wings and keep them from cracking due to their own weight..

Check everything over, clean and service it, change all the fluids..it'll give you a chance to get intimate with your trike and any minor things that are wrong. Don't be afraid to pull the front and back brakes and check the shoes for separation..at the same time a thin coat of grease on the front axle shaft to ensure it'll be easy to remove in the years to come.

MojaveRider
03-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Great looking bike!

oldtime3wheeler
03-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Very nice sx. I just got an 85 also a couple weeks back and love it.

afdfirefighter
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Very nice!!! We gotta drive farther, faster and pay more for them now a days..

Good score..that was the one from Augres wasn't it?

Just a suggestion..lift the rack, remove the seat and bend the fender supports up. This will take some of the droop out of the fender wings and keep them from cracking due to their own weight..

Check everything over, clean and service it, change all the fluids..it'll give you a chance to get intimate with your trike and any minor things that are wrong. Don't be afraid to pull the front and back brakes and check the shoes for separation..at the same time a thin coat of grease on the front axle shaft to ensure it'll be easy to remove in the years to come.

Its actually not the one from Augres. This was in Bay City. I will be going through the whole thing this weekend: fluids, shoes, your front wheel and tire setup you suggested should be in the mail today (ordered it before I even had my hands on an SX lol).

I will definitely do that with the fender supports. Would like to get the knobs being discussed here for the rack also. Going to be putting a little more money into it yet.

slashfan7964
03-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Looks good!

dougspcs
03-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Its actually not the one from Augres. This was in Bay City. I will be going through the whole thing this weekend: fluids, shoes, your front wheel and tire setup you suggested should be in the mail today (ordered it before I even had my hands on an SX lol).

I will definitely do that with the fender supports. Would like to get the knobs being discussed here for the rack also. Going to be putting a little more money into it yet.

The Augres one is gone it seems...:(

Guess I should have moved a bit quicker.

So what did you end up paying?

dustrunner
03-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Great looking sx...enjoy....

Outlaw #24
03-18-2014, 12:40 PM
You'll love it and it is a nice unit. We got Connie 1 last year and put the 350X conversion on it and it makes a whole different ride out of it! Have Fun and ride safe!

afdfirefighter
03-18-2014, 12:41 PM
The Augres one is gone it seems...:(

Guess I should have moved a bit quicker.

So what did you end up paying?

$1200. I think it was fair. The one in Augres had an original ATC cover tho. Man I would have been all over that if I would have seen it the day it was posted.

85XMAN
03-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Beautiful bike I would say fair price. I think that'll be my next investment haven't ridden one in years. I did see somewhere one w the 85 350X paint scheme white tank and all that anyone know if that's stock or what year. I'd like on w reverse for sure looks good.

dougspcs
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM
$1200. I think it was fair. The one in Augres had an original ATC cover tho. Man I would have been all over that if I would have seen it the day it was posted.

You could have made it a 2 fer..but it seems someone beat us both to the Augres machine

UPNATM
03-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Very nice SX, congrats. Make sure to post up some pics once you have the new front rim/tire on it.!

BGMAN
03-18-2014, 02:13 PM
I love my SX. As said before, take care of it and it should last a long time!

jakestrawn
03-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Good choice man!