PDA

View Full Version : Got a trailer for the SX

fabiodriven
03-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Not the most exciting thread, but what the hay...

I grabbed this trailer today off Craigslist. I desperately needed one both for around the yard and at Trikefest. I figured I'd run up to Tractor Supply Company and grab one, but they were a bit more expensive than I had imagined. This one was actually more money than a new one, but it was made by Gravely which means there's no question of the quality. This thing has seen probably 40 or 50 years already, so it's not a question of how long it will last. Not only that, but I know what I'll be asking of this thing and I'd end up crushing one from TSC or it would rot out in two years. I'm a truck driver and I always end up hauling heavy. I loaded about 4 or 5 hundred pounds of logs in it and it was handling great, I got up to 3rd gear no problem. Once I got on the grass though, the pizza cutter tires dug right into the soft ground. I'll definitely end up with either bigger tires or maybe put duals on it.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0579_zps1e341700.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0579_zps1e341700.jpg.html)

jays375
03-15-2014, 06:18 PM
That trailer is way better than what you would have got as TSC.Tough to find a good one like that these days.It will work well for you.

Scootertrash
03-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Looks like a nice sturdy trailer. Good buy!

aldochina
03-16-2014, 12:26 AM
nice find! I have been through 3 of the cheapies made nowadays, all beat up, tires always blow. Have been eyeing for a nice old quality one like that for awhile!! I may just build one at some point!

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2014, 02:45 AM
You said it this morning, that was certainly your best bet.

Glad things are rollin your way now bud :beer

DohcBikes
03-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Fabio's SX

Did you say somethin bout haulin? Cuz I can haul. Just let me know man. Whatever you need. See here, i got a trailer already hooked up. Wood you say? I can haul wood. Just let me know. Whenever. See cuz i already got a trailer hooked up, so im ready, all i need is the go ahead. So let me know...

coolpool
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Great purchase! Does it tilt? Have you considered some of that brush in box liner stuff to control corrosion? I find it helps with things sliding around and might even cut down on the noise. I had one similar and I did have to keep an eye on the axle cotter pins. The side to side wheel travel would slowly wear them out causing the wheel to slip off the axle. Of course mine did it when I was loaded with camping gear and doing 10mph.