PDA

View Full Version : 86r Died Out On Me...

dirtbike77
01-04-2004, 07:20 PM
i just got my bike back run, got her bored eighty over, high rev port job.. put her back together the bike ran fine broke her in properly and is mixing at 32:1. well today we did a little bit of riding the bike seemed like it would kinda load up a bit when u would floor it and u were coming up to a stop? i changed the plug in her i made it home, the bike ran then it was idling good so i took her out again she ran pretty decent.. i brought her home to fill up got ready to leave and she wouldnt crank back up? tried new plug same thing? getting gas.. checked the spark (IT WAS SPARKING BUT NOT ALL THAT STRONG AFTER I WOULD KICK IT, U WOULD SEE ANOTHER LITTLE SPARK HAPPEN WITHOUT ME TURNING THE ENGINE OVER?)

WHAT CAN THIS BE?

smokinp
01-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Whats the plug look like?

J.D.
01-04-2004, 07:38 PM
I'd say you have some sort of electrical problem here pal. Check your stator, make sure it hasn't moved/loose, and check your flywheel make sure everything is cool. If all that check out ok, check your coil.

dirtbike77
01-04-2004, 07:42 PM
im runnin br9es plugs

ok i jus went outside to try and crank her again she fired up but cut right off? thought it was maybe a fuel problem but its getting fuel?

x.system
01-04-2004, 07:52 PM
is the plug wet? if its loading up its probably getting to much fuel. I check my plug by getting it warmed up and taking it down the road. Go through all the gears and hit the kill switch. Pull the plug and see what it looks like. White is bad, to lean, black is to rich. You want a dark brown. You might have to rejet it to that new bore.

dirtbike77
01-04-2004, 07:57 PM
did it when the bike was runnin the bike ran ggor aith a carmel color...

dirtbike77
01-04-2004, 08:11 PM
the bike ran pretty decent when i finished the plug was a carmel color..
wheni got the bike the wire harness was little bit messy like it had been spliced and diced.. but i never had a problem like this before?

monoxide
01-04-2004, 08:13 PM
isn't a BR9Es alittle cold? try an 8

dirtbike77
01-04-2004, 08:33 PM
but why the bike wont crank up........

x.system
01-04-2004, 08:51 PM
If it wont fire with a new plug I would go over that wiring harness you mentioned. Solder and use some heat shrink tubing on those wires so they don't haunt you later on.

TeCaTe_MaN
01-05-2004, 12:29 AM
i think your ignition coil is going to crap out on you....it is just a small capacitor, and it is containing the power too much and releasing it at the wrong time, try switching the coil with a good one and see how it goes...

dirtbike77
01-05-2004, 08:03 AM
went out this morning and the bike fired right up sit and idled a few minutes before shutting of went to crank her back up and she stayed runnin? pulled out the plug and it was black and a little wet? when i went to blip the throttle she kinda sounded like the fuel was contaminated a little sputter? had a lil white smoke coming out the pipe?

u think whater could cause this to happen? maybe it has water in the float bowl?

dirtbike77
01-05-2004, 05:43 PM
do they sell the wire harness for my bike? are they interchangeable with the fourtrax? im going to check to see if the fuel is conta,inated..

ANTI-QUAD
01-05-2004, 08:11 PM
this might sound stupid but make sure your air cleaner didn't fall apart and get sucked into the air tube...it happend to me,i found the problem after i played with all the wireing

dirtbike77
01-05-2004, 09:10 PM
i think maybe the head gasket is blown cause i oticed when shes runnin she puffin out white smoke... the plug is black and wet? it has a funny smell to it it doesnt smell like raw fuel? so i went ahead and pulled the head of and when i pulled the head off., the inside of the cylinder was smokin.. also when the bike was off u would see a little bit of white smoke coming out of the silencer...

could this be sign of a blown head gasket?

KASEY
01-05-2004, 09:29 PM
easy way to tell if the head gasket is blown,, but its to late you pulled the head,,,, if its blown you should be able on close inspection see the trail into and out of the cylinder where the antifreeze has been going...... has it been using water? were there bubbles in the radiator when it was running?

radiator juice will foul a plug everytime so maybe you found the problem,,any maybe not,,,,,,,,,,

dirtbike77
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
im almost sure that could be it cause when i pulled the cylinder of it had kinda off smell to it.. not jus raw fuel as i stated before. the piston and rings were still very decent.. like i said before the bike will run for a while idling fine, then itll cut of quiclky, take the plug out and is wet.. and youll see a fine mist of white smoke coming out of the spark plug hole..

dirtbike77
01-10-2004, 10:39 PM
well i went and brought a new top end gasket kit for my bike. after putting them on i recleaned the carb and removed the previous fuel from the tank.. i readjusted the float hieght, check the needle postion ( 2nd groove from the top).. put her back together and she fired right up.. i mix the fuel at 40:1 using R-50.... the bike didnt smoke like she used to either... first through fourth gear the front tire didnt touch.. the bike runs real sweet.. i wanna say thanx for everyone help....