PDA

View Full Version : Nice 200m found

NO-SCALES
02-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I saw this on craigslist the other day - looked pretty dirty. not touched in 10 years. was covered though sitting under a part of the barn. made a deal and brought it home. very little gas in tank but not black, just yellow. drained and cleaned the carb, fresh gas and some mmo. fired right up. back tires where dry and cracked , got new tires for on and it runs like its brand new. tires where all original I think, h-track made in japan. air filter looked like it could even be original, I don't think this has been run very much at all. tool kit under the seat doesn't look to have ever been touched.

only thing I don't like is that ugly rack on the back.

anybody know anything about that? hondaline or aftermarket? im sure it would be great to haul a couple bale of hay with or bags of feed. I just want a rack that bolts to the top of the fender though. if any has one to get rid of please let me know. also which models will interchange? will a rack from a 200es fit? maybe if someone likes this rack make me offer, cash or trade.

187630187631 187632187633

cap
02-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks like an '84 model. I have a E and a M with the rear rack and the racks are identical.

NO-SCALES
02-27-2014, 07:20 PM
on my 200m parts bike it just has a rear grab bar , I think I'm going to have to put the grab bar on this one

Chopsaw
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Looks like an '84 model. I have a E and a M with the rear rack and the racks are identical.

OK ,,, so the rack is the same as the one he asked about , or the two you have are the same between your two bikes ?

I have never saw a rack like that . To me it looks like something that was made to work , but I don't know .

cap
02-28-2014, 12:32 AM
I meant to answer his question "will a rack from a E model fit on the M model?" yes they are the same. So No-Scales if you want to replace your hay-bale hauler rack with a standard one you could buy a Big Red E model rear rack and it will work. Sorry for any confusion!

rdlsz24
02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
That looks pretty nice. You don't hear too much about the 200M. Seems like the e-start would be nice to have.

Rob

oscarmayer
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
nice M man! and i love that rack! perfect for camping or travel gear! like it better than the stocker racks.