PDA

View Full Version : 250SX fork rebuild

Sawfly
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
i've got a 1986 250SX and need to rebuild the front forks i think. they've only got about 1" of travel now till they stop. we think all the shock oil or whatever is in it is gone but the spring could also have lost its resiliency and the fork may even be bent. haven't dug into it yet, ill probably get to it this evening. does anyone know where i could get a rebuild kit if they make them? if the fork ends up being bent, who has a spare set?

thanks in advance

wonderboy
02-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Rebuild kits will just consist of the main seal and the wiper. You can order the seals from any of the on-line or brick and mortar Honda dealers. Any other broken parts will need to be replaced on a part-by-part basis. An inch of compression would be a big problem. Is it just that the forks are already collapsed most of the way, or are you starting by lifting up on the front end (to get max extension) and then compressing to see travel?

Sawfly
02-19-2014, 05:27 PM
the forks were collapsed most of the way so it felt like the forks were "bottoming out" after about an inch. had about 3-4" of movement when i lifted up the front end. i went out and messed with it and i think it may just be seals. because now i have most of my travel back since it's been sitting. i think enough leaked out into the boot last time i rolled it to mess with it since the boot and upper fork were covered in oil when i pulled off the boot clamps. ill still need to replace the 200x fork on it but it's rideable for now.