PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum grab bars for Tri Zs

CHAINSAW
01-04-2004, 11:46 AM
I know some of you Tri Z guys are like me and have been looking for a grab bar forever. If you find a stock one, they are usually tore up and have welding all over them. To my knowledge, no major company makes them anymore. I found an ad in Dirt wheels, checked out his site, and called him. I ordered one today, so if your interested but want to see one first, Ill post pics of mine when it gets here.
http://www.snydermotorsports.net/
Thats his site. It doesnt tell much, but a new Tri Z grab bar is $41.95 with a flag mount (I cant remember how much without, but its like 3 bucks cheaper) He also makes 250R ones, and he said he gets calls all the time for people wanting ones for old 3 wheelers.
If you have ever priced aftermarket aluminum grab bars, you will know that is really cheap!! Thought Id give you all the heads up. Lemme know if you wanna see pics of mine when it gets here.

Here is his hidden description on his page (The website is kind of a mess to get around)
If you havent seen one of our grab bars wait till you get your hands on one. The all aluminum bar makes it light weight, strong, and forgiving. Better bend a bar then a frame.
Made from 6061-T6 billet aluminum. the side beams 3/8" thick and the grab tube of 1-1/4 tube 1/8" thick, feels good in your hands, not uncomfortable.
Bars feature a cross bar drilled on 6" center for number plate attachment.
All member TIG welded & polshed for a clean functional look.

tecatecrazy
01-04-2004, 11:50 AM
tou can get one from prm for less than $30 http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=64&mfr=3
they have others to, check it out!

CHAINSAW
01-04-2004, 11:53 AM
tou can get one from prm for less than $30 http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=64&mfr=3
they have others to, check it out!
Those are the thin metal yamaha ones. Im referring to aftermarket billet ones.

tecatecrazy
01-04-2004, 12:34 PM
sorry... Just picked one up for my tecate...seems very solid to me, made with 1/4 aluminum and is far better than stock. are you lookin' to pull a horse trailer with it? just tryin' to help

CHAINSAW
01-04-2004, 12:42 PM
hmmm they might be aluminum then. The description on there says Yamaha Motor Corp. So I just figured it was factory stuff. Someone neeeds to order one and find out.. lol Thats a good price for some if they are billet!

J.D.
01-04-2004, 01:18 PM
MR_CHAINSAW I stole this from PRM's front page:

Located in the heart of the Rogue Valley, PRM uses advanced metal fabrication technology to build high-demand ATV components and accessories for delivery around the world. Racks, grab bars, bumpers, cover plates made for the most popular ATV's, including ATC's, 4X4's. All products made from 6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum.

CHAINSAW
01-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Ill be damned... To bad you guys couldnt of posted that a day earlier!! lol

Dynofox
01-04-2004, 05:26 PM
PRM bars are very nice pieces. I had their standard bar on my Z and now have their baja bar on my 350x.

davham
01-04-2004, 05:35 PM
I have thier baja one on my Z. Fit was good and is plenty strong.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-04-2004, 07:32 PM
got one on mine (prm standard),the only thing is no tailight mounts!$28

mike from long island
01-04-2004, 07:49 PM
same here i have the standard tri-z one too. not the end of the world with no taillight but wouldnt hurt. i do have the desert grabbar on my 350x and warrior love them they are the wide ones. great for lifting bikes strong too. i put the 350x on it doing a wheelie and ride down the road doing a little spark show :D not to often though wears it down hehe anyway when your limited to parts you gotta use what you can find good luck

Tri-Z Pilot
01-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Cool, thanx guys, I'll be needin one for the yellow z soon.

Jeb
01-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Fortunately my Z came with a cherry stock grab bar. But I have had the PRM DESERT Model on my 86 KXT since 2001. (still sounds weird to me to refer to the futuristic year 2001 in past tense! :D ) It was a good buy, I've been very happy with it and I will be putting one on my 85 R. I have to admit I was upset when I firtst got it because it wouldn't fit. The size was right, but the holes were slightly off and the top edge interfered with one of the muffler mount bosses on the frame. I called them and they said they would be happy to fix it if I sent it back so I elected to fix it myself to save weeks of shipping back and forth by slotting two of the holes slightly and machining a small clearance for the exhaust boss.
It was very minor adjustments. The extra leverage provide by that bar is awesome. they are stout and a great aftermarket enhancement in my opinion. I'll probably pick up one of their skid plates for the R too. I really like their new "Z" plates.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Z=plates? What do you mean? Does PRM offer aftermarket skidplates for the tri-z?

Jeb
01-06-2004, 09:57 AM
No, unfortunately they don't offer Tri-Z skid plates. only 250R. thats their name for their new skid plate line. "Z" plates.