PDA

View Full Version : anyone use pit replica seat covers?

hrc200x
02-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Tried a search and didn't see any reviews or experiences with the pit replica seat covers. From their ebay pictures it looks like a decent cover. Their 85 350x covers appear to not have a seam at the back and the '86 350x do have a seam. Just looking for experiences on how the fit and quality are and how soft they stay in cold weather. Do they really come from Thailand? Or if there are other options that compare I'm all ears.

MojaveRider
02-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I noticed the same thing with their 350X seat covers: the 85 doesn't have a rear seam, the 86 does. I'm curious why they would do that...

nstyle73
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Do you have a link? I sent a Z cover to a company on ebay that made OEM Replicas. I have some useful feedback and pictures if its the same company.

dirtwheels
02-17-2014, 09:25 PM
I have bought a couple of covers from them. You just need to email them and they can make the 86 covers without the seam. The guy is super-cool and will make whatever you want. And it gets here quick from Thailand believe it or not. The quality is great and is exactly like OEM.

DickyDanger
02-17-2014, 10:19 PM
I just got a ebay seat cover for my 110 and for only 29$ im happy with it. So far..

hrc200x
02-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC350X-ATC-350-X-1985-1986-SEAT-COVER-HAEV-/271180570213?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f239f1e65&vxp=mtr

Not sure if they go by OEM replica or pit replica

For those with experience on the 350x ones that don't have the rear seam do you get funny bends in the vinyl trying to bend it around the rear top corners of the seat?

Does it still seem flexible in cold weather?

How about some installed pics of them on any model?

Blown 331
02-18-2014, 09:51 AM
I have one of their covers on my 350X, I believe it does have seam. I can tell you the seam is not needed though. I could cover a 350X seat with a single piece of marine vinyl using no seams at all and have no wrinkles.

Edit, found some pics.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/Blown_331/11-23-11_1014_zps5ajbxbtw.jpg (http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/Blown_331/media/11-23-11_1014_zps5ajbxbtw.jpg.html)

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/Blown_331/20120614_131333_zps5edrrl2n.jpg (http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/Blown_331/media/20120614_131333_zps5edrrl2n.jpg.html)

Mosh
02-18-2014, 11:18 AM
We have a customer sending us 5 seats. Yes 5, and he bought 5 of these thailand jobs. So I don't think he liked them.

Now having said that, I am all for saving a few bucks, but I personally would not send anymore money over seas where I would guess some poor kid is probably being paid a piece of candy to crank these things out. That and judging by the 1/4 inch variance in logos I have seen you are getting what you pay for.

There are other companies in the US that can provide you with the same product for a few bucks more. I don't see any need to weaken our US economy much more than it already is. Many of you are in construction or some other service and if these people would come over here and build a house at 59 cents per hour and outbid your company with slave labor you probably will look at my post as not being a jerk or selfish, but maybe understand where I am coming from.

It is these types of economic practices that are shutting down Ford plant's and the like, and those who want the product the cheapest and ship their money over seas, generally are the first ones complaining about illegal immigrants taking jobs away from your homeland.

The US is being run right into unemployment rate of epic proportions, and if it has not effected some, it will if the US people keep sending money over seas.
Sure because of the topic, I am coming of bias, but I bet CEET, HCC, Hi FLITE, and others feel the same way.

Blown 331
02-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Mosh I completely agree with you and even have one. lol. For the price I'm happy with mine so I'm not complaining but I can pick out a few issues if I had to. I think the blue is slightly off color. Its maybe a little too pastel or something, not too noticable but I have some blue marine vinyl that I have used on other seats that I think is a better match. And one of the seams on the side up front was coming apart pretty much out of the package. I stapled it past that point so it did really affect anything. But I agree, you get what you pay for. Would I buy another from them? Well I guess that depends what I'm putting it on. I mainly bought it because I wanted the logos. Like I mentioned above if it didn't care about that I would have covered it in a single peice of marine vinyl. I've done an 85 Tecate (not mine), CT70, SL70, ATC70, XL75 and maybe others that I sewed since those can't be done in one piece but again no logos. And I've done quite a few other ATC's with using just a single, unsewn piece.
My 85 ATC250R has a mint factory seat cover, if that ever gets damaged its going straight to you.

nstyle73
02-18-2014, 01:36 PM
I have a mosh Z cover and one of these OEM-Replica seat covers, and the Mrs is right. The logo is not exactly the same, even though I sent them an old cover that was torn to use as a pattern. I got mine for free, so the price was right. Fit is above average to good on the Z, but not as good as the Cosmic quads cover. Lettering is not as crisp or the same size as OEM or Cosmic Quads. I also do not think the material is quite as heavy. If you want an OEM replica, call Mrs. Mosh. Mine is about a year and a half old and doesn't have any tears or other wear issues yet.

Super350
02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
I have a mosh Z cover and one of these OEM-Replica seat covers, and the Mrs is right. The logo is not exactly the same, even though I sent them an old cover that was torn to use as a pattern. I got mine for free, so the price was right. Fit is above average to good on the Z, but not as good as the Cosmic quads cover. Lettering is not as crisp or the same size as OEM or Cosmic Quads. I also do not think the material is quite as heavy. If you want an OEM replica, call Mrs. Mosh. Mine is about a year and a half old and doesn't have any tears or other wear issues yet.

Logo on a Z cover?

I have a few of these Thailand covers I have gotten for dirtbikes, yes you get what you pay for-rider quality, they fit and work but colors, lettering size etc is usually off a bit. Cant say anything on durability as I haven't actually used them yet. Also have a mosh seat just done for my 85R and its sweet but was also over 4 times the cost all said and done (that's if you cover your seat yourself with Thailand job). so I guess im backing up the age old saying on here :lol: If you want quality pay for it, if you want decent looks for cheap slap on whateva!

nstyle73
02-18-2014, 10:31 PM
The "YAMAHA" on the back.