PDA

View Full Version : honda bigred battery

dustrunner
02-13-2014, 07:22 PM
looking on e bay for a battery and wonder if anyone has any good experiences with any of them ?

coolpool
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't know about eBay batteries but I've always liked using OEM Yuasa(sp) batteries. Even in Canada I paid less than $60.00 for my BR. Cheap piece of mind IMO. Try the search feature, I know I've read about different battery options somewhere.

CRAZY70MAN
02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
3 years on a walmart battery and I abuse it every winter...............50.00 bucks......I do charge it regularly though. I work it to death when I plow with my winch.... I always wondered though if there was a better deal out there???

kb0nly
02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I have been running the ETX15 Big Crank AGM battery in my 200ES, best battery i ever bought. I went through a few flooded wet cell batteries from the local Wal-Mart and farm supply stores. This battery has better cranking power in the cold winter here as well. It wasn't cheap, $80 shipped, but its better than buying a new $50 battery every season.

Chopsaw
02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Bought 2 From O'Reilly auto parts . One for a 200es , one for an SX . SEALED so if it flips you don't lose the acid . 80 bucks each . Perfect fit no spacers . They had the atc listings in the book . Both in stock . I did buy a tender from sears , comes with pig tails to put on the battery post . So you just plug the slow charge tender into the pig tail , don't have to take fenders or seat off . Tender was 20 bucks .

UPNATM
02-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Pretty good thread here..... http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/162888-Need-to-buy-2-batteries-250-es-and-sx?highlight=battery

SUPERBEAST
02-14-2014, 01:46 AM
i bought a everlast battery from walmart for my big red about a month ago and still working great, also bought one for my 450r from walmart over a year ago and it's still working, the 450 sat all winter and still was charged

kb0nly
02-14-2014, 02:02 AM
Bought 2 From O'Reilly auto parts . One for a 200es , one for an SX . SEALED so if it flips you don't lose the acid . 80 bucks each . Perfect fit no spacers . They had the atc listings in the book . Both in stock . I did buy a tender from sears , comes with pig tails to put on the battery post . So you just plug the slow charge tender into the pig tail , don't have to take fenders or seat off . Tender was 20 bucks .

Battery tenders are worth their weight in gold! Perfect way to protect your investment and keep that battery ready. My 200ES is plugged into a battery tender year round, it doesn't need it so much in the summer but why not. In the winter though its nice to go out and unplug the battery tender and she just cranks and pops off thanks to a fully charged and lively battery thats been kept up by the tender.

pipeline triker
02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
I can let you know in a couple of days. I just bought one off ebay from seller chrome something, under $40 shipped. Should have it today or tommorrow.