PDA

View Full Version : not a trike, but lots have asked for details of my son's quad

oscarmayer
02-08-2014, 11:18 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/162571-swapping-to-a-2-smoker-kx65-motor?p=1286585#post1286585

here is the thread on my son's racing quad. we went from a thumper to a smoker. the power was the same, but the smokers just put down way more RPMs and passed him by always so we decided to do something about it.

My daughter is not competitive enough yet to need an upgrade so she will still run the thumpers. (that is where his old 15:1 comp 17hp engine is going. into her bike)
they are the same types of bikes except my son's is a prototype that never happened so everything is custom and no parts are available for it.

anyway, hope ya'll enjoy. Race season starts in 4 weekends so I am hot-footin it!

oscarmayer
02-12-2014, 01:56 PM
3.5 weeks till race season!!!!
his motor gets shipped out to get BBed tomorrow!!!! 65cc punched to 85cc.

I will have his bike frame ready and waiting by the end of the weekend. we will have to run the current rear swinger for now as I do not have time to change it out (custom one made) before the season starts. That will be later in the season.

wanted to keep everyone updated.

oscarmayer
02-27-2014, 10:47 AM
OK bike is done and photos have been added. check it out guys!