PDA

View Full Version : Safety Equipment?

BigRedRunner
01-03-2004, 08:59 PM
I've finally got my 200x fully up and running, but I'm missing a few pieces. I have no safety equipment what so ever. :oops: The only bike had before was my Big Red and that only got used to transport parts around the shop. Looking at helmets in Dennis Kirk, but am not sure which one to get. I'd like to get one thats Snell certified too. I don't have problem dropping $150, over that and I might get a little hesitant unless its worth it. Any other gear I should get? I mainly cruise on gravel, ride around on the bar ground by the river, and sometimes through wooded hills.

x.system
01-03-2004, 09:06 PM
I have a few HJC's and they fit pretty good, you can definatly find those in your price range. I believe FOX has a couple in that range as well. Now is the time to buy, dealerships are trying to get rid of old stock to make room for the new stuff. They should have some good deals on leftover helmets.

Billy Golightly
01-03-2004, 09:19 PM
I use to be a believer in "Full face helmets are enough" but after seeing m friend get hurt recently, I invested in a new Thor Aftershock chest protector as well. Gloves and boots are also nice, but I wouldn't consider them as mandatory as a helmet and protector.

bigred110
01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
I ride with a helmet w/ goggles and FOX dirt paw gloves.
I would highly advise gloves, you might ride with some one and they might kick up dirt and stuff and the cold weather can hard on your fingers.

TimSr
01-04-2004, 02:36 AM
Ill agree with z.system, and suggest checking your local dealers. They are normally higher priced but they almost always have a clearance section of gear at a bargain just because last year's colors arent good enough for today's yuppies. You also can see if they actually fit.
In my opinion, boots should be number 2 on the list of safety gear for a trike. Now you can get a cheapo pair of O'Neils for about $80, or get used ones on ebay. If you ride gravel roads, unless you ride alone, youll want some goggles too. Ive been perfectly happy with the $20 Smith CMEs.

TRI-Zbrian
01-04-2004, 02:42 AM
one of your local dealers should have CKX helmits for sale they usualy go for 89.99 and they are a very good helmit before you go ordering from a catolog just pop in to one of your local dealers youl prolly find a better deal and not have to worry about wating a week to get your stuff.

Drivernumber22
01-04-2004, 02:43 AM
helmet would be the 1st thing to get

ytm225
01-05-2004, 09:19 PM
sure you have to go for a helmet first , ckx is a good brand but try to look for cirrus also , really not expensive and there made by hjc. my full face with a visor cost me 109.99 and I find it really nice.

plkmonster2
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
i got a fly helmet for 90 at my dealer. great price, i love the clearances