PDA

View Full Version : 200 auto x build

Scott9
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
A little back ground, I bought this 200x in august of 2012. I paid $300 for it, running with destroyed plastics. I brought it home put new brakes on it, and changed the oil, and found allot of aluminum shavings, so i planned on a rebuild later on, but i just wanted to ride it so it hopped on and made it 500 feet when the motor quit and the trikes lid to a stop in my gravel drive way. So we pushed it back in to the barn with a locked up motor. It needed that rebuild sooner than I thought lol. :cry: . A few months later my dad and I tore it apart and found out that the rod bearings locked up, destroying the piston and jug, bending the crank, and putting shards of aluminum through out the engine and transmission. So after researching part costs determined that the motor was a lost cause. I tried to sell it whole but no luck so now I've decided to make it an auto x,since my property is heavy wooded and riding a clutch is not very fun... I just purchased a 1985 200s motor on ebay for $200 but it is missing the pull starter. What pull starters will work with this motor? And besides modifying the foot peg for the rear break pedal, is there any thing else I will need for this swap? I have everything from the 200x still. I planned on using everything from it on the 200s motor. Thanks scott

this is how it has sat for a while now... looking forward to riding it again. I don't have any pics from when I first got it

oscarmayer
02-03-2014, 02:20 PM
any 200CC pull start from a 200, 200s will work. i think the 185s will work as well. the 200e and es are different so do not use them.

good luck and have fun. oh and ensure you get a 200s hardness for it as they are different than the 200x stuff. (plugs and connectors are different too i believe)