PDA

View Full Version : 83 200x rear brake lever mount issues.

MNhondaguy
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Hey guys, figured I'd poke around and try to get some answers for my buddy.

He got an 83 200x that we got goin and it seems strong, but has had its little issues. We have tackled the all and it is rideable, but the rear brake lever mounting issue.

It mounts on the case, as you all know, and is really floppy. It works yet, but I am afraid it will wear through something if left ignored. I believe there to be a bushing of some sort that is missing, but am uncertain. If someone has pictures or has come across an issue like this that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help guys.

slashfan7964
02-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Check out Bike Bandit's website. I beleive they have many diagrams on their website for the 200X, and I know they carry a lot of parts for it, especially nuts and bolts. If you can locate the brake system diagram for the rear, there should be an in-depth look at all the parts you can buy for that system and you'll be able to identify the one your a missing. I haven't tampered with my 200X's rear brakes in a long time so I can't really remember either, but I'd say you can find it there :)

MNhondaguy
02-03-2014, 05:16 AM
I had checked there, no sign of a bushing, but it lists an oil seal on either side. So I am assuming that the brake lever fits rather snug with grease in there for lube? But the brake lever it came with is quite a bit bigger than the kicker cover it slides onto and pivots on. Did the second gen 200x have a different kicker cover and lever? Maybe its just the wrong lever...

slashfan7964
02-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Yes the second gen was nearly entirely different than the first generation. Almost nothing converts over minus a few small things. That is not one of them.

Mudduck
02-03-2014, 06:31 AM
there all like that i went an got a new case for mine an still sloppy..

oldskool83
02-03-2014, 11:00 AM
you need to make a new delron sleeve for it, it was a poor design that attached to the motor.

MNhondaguy
02-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Alrighty! Ill see what I can whip up next time he brings er down.

oldskool83
02-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Alot of auto-x people will use 350x pedal or will design their own new ones. Here is an idea to help you if you design your own. I do not like them attached to the motor.