PDA

View Full Version : HELP!...need discontinued part.

samster143
01-03-2004, 12:14 PM
I just found out that a part I need is discontinued. It is the rear shock lower bushing for a 1985 200x. The Honda shop says use a salvage yard part! Thats like buying tires at the junk yard! Can anyone here help? Do any of you need this item? If enough people need them we can get some made by pivot works or someone. I am tired of this slop in my rear end....everything else is perfect but this one little metal sleeve with some rubber around it. I am getting tired of the 'search for parts thing'!

jeswinehart
01-03-2004, 01:49 PM
hi samster143 ,,, you might check with your local hardware store.
of course you won't find the exact same thing but maybe something you could work with ( cut to length ,,, drill out the hole bigger ,,, ect )

john

Dirtcrasher
01-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I just found out that a part I need is discontinued. It is the rear shock lower bushing for a 1985 200x. The Honda shop says use a salvage yard part! Thats like buying tires at the junk yard! Can anyone here help? Do any of you need this item? If enough people need them we can get some made by pivot works or someone. I am tired of this slop in my rear end....everything else is perfect but this one little metal sleeve with some rubber around it. I am getting tired of the 'search for parts thing'!

If I was still a machinist I'd make you one in about 20 minutes. Then you can even harden it if you want or it has a needle bearing in it - I don't know the application. If you or anyone in your family and friends has access to a machine shop it's truly a piece of cake. If you don't know anyone they will charge you 75$ an hour to make it.

I can't tell you how many parts I made that would have cost a fortune elsewhere.

Good luck!