PDA

View Full Version : Hondaline atc covers UPDATE!!!

honda200x1987
01-27-2014, 11:26 PM
I would like to see these made or atleast find a way to replicate one for myself. I would need is the exact placement and size of the lettering . I believe the covers only have the words HONDALINE on the rear , HONDA on the front and ATC on both sides? Also does anyone know of a solid red cover that is light and soft? I am not looking for a heavy tarp, we need something soft and light. I know a company near me that can put the lettering on it for me.

UPNATM
01-28-2014, 12:21 AM
I would love for somebody as well to repop those covers. I bought one back in 85 and used it for for years to cover my SX. Unfortunately it disappeared a long time ago, I must have lost it in one of my many moves.

MattDragontamer
01-28-2014, 12:57 AM
If i was able to get my hands on an original that could be unsown, i can get it replicated to the tee.
The odds of that are slim to none.

Ghostv2
01-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Take a look at this thread. Its been an ongoing stalemate.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/159252-Repro-hondaline-atc-covers?highlight=atc+cover

MattDragontamer
01-28-2014, 03:33 AM
If someone has an old worn one that i can buy, then i would be able to make brand new ones.
At the very least, detailed pics from all angles would help too.

sledcrazyinCT
01-28-2014, 09:33 AM
there is a used one on C list NH for $495

stoshu
01-28-2014, 05:21 PM
I would let mine go for $450 canadian

honda200x1987
01-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Maybe there is a member here who can measure the size and placement of the lettering for us? Do you know of a solid red cover that is made of a material like a tent or near the original HONDALINE? I may just go by pictures on the net and go with that.
If someone has an old worn one that i can buy, then i would be able to make brand new ones.
At the very least, detailed pics from all angles would help too.

OKSTATE#1
01-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Covers, covers, covers everywhere!!

Seems to be a lot of NOS covers popping up on eBay lately....

http://bit.ly/1fcSfy3

There's a camo cover too. I don't remember camo being made back then., but I guess they were.

honda200x1987
01-29-2014, 11:46 AM
That's why I am going to get one made for myself, I am actually going to use it so no way I am paying 500 for a NOS cover.

captainweezy
01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
I would buy one like tatool made/sold last year. Those were nice. I could care less if it had the atc stencil on it but then again I am happy with my blankets covering, if no one is making them. :beer

UPNATM
01-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Does anybody know what the OE part number is on them?

UPNATM
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/164701-Honda-line-ATC-cover

captainweezy
02-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Covers, covers, covers everywhere!!

Seems to be a lot of NOS covers popping up on eBay lately....

http://bit.ly/1fcSfy3

There's a camo cover too. I don't remember camo being made back then., but I guess they were.
I have a camo cover that came with my 200s.

oscarmayer
02-03-2014, 02:33 PM
i went on eBay to look at getting and official hondaline ATC cover. :eek:
they were selling for $450-$650 at end of auction! HOLY MOO!!!!!!!!

honda200x1987
02-03-2014, 09:22 PM
This would be a good item to repro but I am having a hard time finding a red cover,I would love for Mrs.Mosh to make them, she might do it if someone had a donor to go by but she has been very busy lately. I know of a place near me that does seat covers etc, they may have the material so I will check with them this week. I still need all the measurements/placements of the lettering and lenght/ width of the cover itself.
i went on eBay to look at getting and official hondaline ATC cover. :eek:
they were selling for $450-$650 at end of auction! HOLY MOO!!!!!!!!

honda200x1987
02-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Check it out guys , a member here is making these , they look sweet! Exactly what I had in mind ! I hope to have one soon.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-atc-storage-cover-/151239758001?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23369790b1

honda atc guy
02-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Check it out guys , a member here is making these , they look sweet! Exactly what I had in mind ! I hope to have one soon.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-atc-storage-cover-/151239758001?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23369790b1

That looks nice!! :beer

captainweezy
02-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Who is the member?

MRSOUND
02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Not Honda but I was tickled when I was able to pick this one up new in the original box!:D

honda200x1987
02-25-2014, 09:02 PM
jakestrawn is the member who is making them. I gave him my measurements of my 87 200X and I should be getting it in about a week or so. I'm not at liberty to give out a price you will have to ask him,he has a lot of work in these so they are not cheap but much cheaper than the 400-$500 NOS cover's you see out there. They are light/weather proof , great color & quality, I will post mine when I get it. I'm surprised no one has reproed them before.
Who is the member?

emmie357
02-25-2014, 09:38 PM
That Kawi cover is sweet Mrsound

Jerm1179
02-25-2014, 10:18 PM
jake should think about putting them in the 3WW shop

Dirtweed
02-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Those are pretty nice, but pricey. I'll stick with the left over King sheets thrown over my trikes, bikes, quads and tractors.

captainweezy
02-26-2014, 09:38 AM
jake should think about putting them in the 3WW shop

Yes or just test the waters in the classifieds.

honda200x1987
02-26-2014, 09:45 AM
He doesn't have them at NOS prices but with all the time in sewing and applying the lettering not to mention the cost of materials, you couldn't get me to do it for nothing. If I would do it myself,,,Let's add it up, material that looks as good as his: $30 , my local upholstery shop labor: $75 , and find a printing shoppe to add the lettering $75 and that's not a quote from them. That's an educated guess , I'm being optomistic and will likely to cost more, so to me his cover is not pricey. The only other option is a OEM $500 cover or a $5 bed sheet.
Those are pretty nice, but pricey. I'll stick with the left over King sheets thrown over my trikes, bikes, quads and tractors.

TatTooL23
02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
The ones I had made r form fitting, buckles under the bottom, elastic cord, different colors, and a gas tank zipper access, and can be trailered with them on. $100 shipped approx

Dirtweed
02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
The only other option is a OEM $500 cover or a $5 bed sheet.

Now that I think about it those sheets were really expensive.....

oscarmayer
02-27-2014, 10:56 AM
i can see spending $60-$75 on a cover, but more than that to me seems way overboard. The material and time to make them is not that costly from what I have seen of other things being manufactured. paying upwards of $150 for a cover is crazy in my books. (meaning the ones liste don ebay)
I can see spending $100 shipped for Tat are worth the extra as he also does the extras like
buckles under the bottom, elastic cord, different colors, and a gas tank zipper access, and can be trailered with them

honda200x1987
02-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Ok guys ,, this thread is about reproducing a DISCONTINUED HONDA item, not just ANY cover. No one is trying to take business from Tatool and he makes great covers from what I hear but if he could make one just like HONDALINE covers for 100 bucks shipped I am first in line, that's what this thread is about in the first place, the HONDALINE covers . .Come on guys no one has stepped up to the plate to make these. No one can spend all that time sewing these to fit and printing the logos on them and supplying the correct material for $60-75 , no way. One other thing , Jake is not trying to make a mint on these, try to make one yourself and see how far you get. I am happy with anyone trying to reproduce a DISCONTINUED HONDA item peroid. Hey , you can get a ATV cover on ebay for 17.99 shipped but it's solid black and made to fit a 4 wheeler, look.. you get what you pay for.

jmax857
02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Are you still trying to find an original? There is one at my workplace we use to cover the generator during storage. Its a hondaline, I remember looking at the tag a couple years back.

Dirtcrasher
02-28-2014, 02:36 PM
If ya don't like the price, don't dissect his costs that you THINK are close to his price.

Why is it the only people that understand are the sellers? Because sometimes we have 4 hours into something that the customer felt it should cost 75$.

If I cannot make 35$ an hour with 20K worth of machine shop equipment, I'll just make stuff for me and fix my own stuff........

I'll edit and add this to it; TIME, time is not just putting a logo on and sewing. Those dimensions are all critical. It's not like these guys/gals can just cut up some fabric, silk screen a logo and stitch it up. What about the advertising (The 35 people that wanted in do not answer your messages now). Driving to the fabric store or get any other time sensitive materials ready to go. Then make it, inspect it, drive to the post office and wait behind 7 ladies with fruit bread.

No one understands TIME. Can YOU make it?? Got any skills?? Then shut up and buy it or GTFO. I've seen plenty of ignorance when it comes to the time to pay for it.

If I want to question someones price, I'll PM or call them. Thats when your told how you hit a "buy" button as they have 15 procedures and trips to make to get it done; Maybe even warming up the shop which isn't free either.

I fixed 23 350X heads exhaust studs in my mill, enough for me to make a jig to speed it up just a bit. I was fair to everyone and no one complained or had a failure.

Mosh
03-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Man no wonder why people are buying stuff from Malaysia , china , and every other pennies on the hour place on the planet.

There is probably 30-50 bucks in material in these , and at least 2 hours of labor paypal fees and ebay fees. I bet by time these are made and paid for the guys make maybe 30$ for 3 hours of work.
So what will you work for?
Anyone I know who does good work , won't even turn the lights on in the shop for less than 20$ per hour on their own time.

kazander
03-01-2014, 10:22 PM
my shop time starts at 85 an hour

Scootertrash
03-02-2014, 07:08 AM
DC and Mosh hit the nail on the head.

Everybody wants something for nothing. People will bash someones price and say it's too expensive, but you never see those people going out and buying the materials and taking the time to design and build something and then sell it for the price they claim it should be sold for.

Put yer money where your mouth is and let's see you do it. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance015.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) ;)

honda atc guy
03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm certainly not bashing anyone about price, I'd just like to know about how much they might cost. After all, that determines on what most people will decide to purchase or not.

dman10
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I would love one, but I just can't afford one.

Scootertrash
03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm certainly not bashing anyone about price, I'd just like to know about how much they might cost. After all, that determines on what most people will decide to purchase or not.

You're in the clear bud. No problems with anyone wondering what something will cost.

Dirtcrasher
03-03-2014, 12:00 AM

When you get into a fender/shroud/custom swingarm and such ; We are not HONDA, but we can try and do our best to duplicate. I have seen plenty of reproduced parts turned down. Which, makes the price go up.

IDK - People cannot understand what it takes to make something in 2014 that was sold near 30 years ago for 50$. Nowadays, if you need anything discontinued and rare, it's a simple matter of "Do I want this? and Is it worth it?"

Does anyone know what this type of work this endures?? Crap, Mrs Moshes seat cover survived a 50MPH or faster 350X versus Tri-Z collision.....

Some of of you may be thinking "this is way too long". Guess what, they make great products but they are not Home Depot. MOST of us take pride in our work in the best shop we can build.

Honestly, if I screw up, ship it back and I will resolve it fast. But, I rarely let anything out the door that I am sure I did my best.

honda200x1987
03-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Freaking sweet, here is my cover ready to ship, I even have a Storage Bag for it! Not bad huh? :drool:

joe schmo
03-03-2014, 12:00 PM
2 thumbs up,very nice!!!

Darius1502
03-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I wonder he can do the other style ATC graphic..the one that is on the original covers?

kzr800
03-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Freaking sweet, here is my cover ready to ship, I even have a Storage Bag for it! Not bad huh? :drool:

Very Nice! I read this whole thread and somehow I'm lost....LOL. First let me say I like the covers and I don't have a problem with the price either. With that said, where do I buy one? I need one for my 250R and, I would even take one for my ATC 70 if they were available.

honda200x1987
03-03-2014, 08:16 PM
That's a good question, I will send him a MSG and see if he can . Honda made a few styles for different models..
I wonder he can do the other style ATC graphic..the one that is on the original covers?

honda200x1987
03-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Contact jakestrawn if you are interested in a cover , he is a member here. This would be a great item for the 3WW store

jakestrawn
03-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Hello members, My name is Jake. I have been following the discussion on the reproduction 3 wheeler covers that I have been making but have not had a chance to comment. I like Steve (honda200x1987, and a lot of other 3 wheeler owners have been thinking about these covers for a few years. I have considered buying an original but I had a few reservations. Price- I couldn't see spending $400+ on a vintage collectible that most likely is only still around because it was not used, unless I was going to keep it in perfect shape- which rules out using it. The other problem I had is the logo on the original cover for the most part is a pre-1985 "ATC" logo. So if a guy wants a cover for a 1985-1987 they are stuck with the older style "ATC" logo- Not my personal preference. Anyway ive been making these Replacement /Reproduction covers. Ive been busy with the 250sx size cover, but in the next couple weeks plan to add the 250R/350x size, then follow those with the ATC70 cover- which im looking forward to. For now the price for the 250sx cover is $190+shipping. Price includes medium weight atc cover with large ATC on the sides and Honda on the front, also comes with storage bag with atc logo on it. I am trying to avoid the hondaline logo for obvious reasons but can add it for additional cost. Covers also available in black. If you have anymore questions specific to your order or in general feel free to pm me. Thanks, Jake For email use Mcmurrykristi@yahoo.com

kzr800
03-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Hello members, My name is Jake. I have been following the discussion on the reproduction 3 wheeler covers that I have been making but have not had a chance to comment. I like Steve (honda200x1987, and a lot of other 3 wheeler owners have been thinking about these covers for a few years. I have considered buying an original but I had a few reservations. Price- I couldn't see spending $400+ on a vintage collectible that most likely is only still around because it was not used, unless I was going to keep it in perfect shape- which rules out using it. The other problem I had is the logo on the original cover for the most part is a pre-1985 "ATC" logo. So if a guy wants a cover for a 1985-1987 they are stuck with the older style "ATC" logo- Not my personal preference. Anyway ive been making these Replacement /Reproduction covers. Ive been busy with the 250sx size cover, but in the next couple weeks plan to add the 250R/350x size, then follow those with the ATC70 cover- which im looking forward to. For now the price for the 250sx cover is $190+shipping. Price includes medium weight atc cover with large ATC on the sides and Honda on the front, also comes with storage bag with atc logo on it. I am trying to avoid the hondaline logo for obvious reasons but can add it for additional cost. Covers also available in black. If you have anymore questions specific to your order or in general feel free to pm me. Thanks, Jake For email use Mcmurrykristi@yahoo.com

Hi Jake, well I think your covers look great, and I think your price is fair. My snowmobile covers cost me $250+. You can mark me down for a 250R cover. I would be happy to send you payment whenever you want. Good luck and thanks for giving us options.

Karl (KZR800)

JasonB
03-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I think that's a reasonable price for something like this, might be in for two covers that fit 250r's this summer

dman10
03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Jake, any plans for a 200x cover? I'd be able to get you measurements.

jakestrawn
03-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Ill know if the 250sxthe cover will work for the 200xby the beginning of next week. They are pretty close in dimensions.

Qdude79
03-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi Jake, well I think your covers look great... (KZR800)

Where can they be seen? Definitely interested in one for the 200X and one for the 250R...

Dirtweed
03-04-2014, 12:36 PM
OK that is not a bad price. I could see using one of those on my '82 250R instead of a bed sheet!

honda200x1987
03-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I have posted pics of the cover Jake has made for me on page 3 in this thread.
Where can they be seen? Definitely interested in one for the 200X and one for the 250R...

honda atc guy
03-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by honda atc guy View Post

When you get into a fender/shroud/custom swingarm and such ; We are not HONDA, but we can try and do our best to duplicate. I have seen plenty of reproduced parts turned down. Which, makes the price go up.

IDK - People cannot understand what it takes to make something in 2014 that was sold near 30 years ago for 50$. Nowadays, if you need anything discontinued and rare, it's a simple matter of "Do I want this? and Is it worth it?"

Does anyone know what this type of work this endures?? Crap, Mrs Moshes seat cover survived a 50MPH or faster 350X versus Tri-Z collision.....

Some of of you may be thinking "this is way too long". Guess what, they make great products but they are not Home Depot. MOST of us take pride in our work in the best shop we can build.

Honestly, if I screw up, ship it back and I will resolve it fast. But, I rarely let anything out the door that I am sure I did my best.

Sure, but what does this have to do with me? Is it a crime if I ask how much something cost? I don't care what you charge. If I feel it is too expensive for me, I won't buy it. It really is that simple.

honda atc guy
03-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Very nice! Price isn't bad either. They look great!

dirtwheels
03-04-2014, 09:56 PM
These covers look great! I may need to replace those bed sheets on the 200x and 350x!

Dirtweed
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I missed those pics. Yes they look very nice. I'd buy one.

honda200x1987
03-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Actually I have a beach towel covering my bike right now,lol. I will post pics with this new cover on my 87 200X once I get it in my hands.
These covers look great! I may need to replace those bed sheets on the 200x and 350x!

just ben
03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Sure, but what does this have to do with me? Nothing if you can read.Not to mention the post you quoted DC on was posted before the post you quoted yourself with. Nobody gives a shlt what you are willing to spend either. If your parents won't raise your allowance for you to buy quality reproductions of discontinued items then simply move on NOBODY CARES!

Qdude79
03-05-2014, 01:32 AM
I have posted pics of the cover Jake has made for me on page 3 in this thread.

I'm sorry... I read your post with the pics on pg 3 incorrectly. I thought those were prototypes you were hoping to get made, didn't realize they were already in production. Looks nice! Are they sturdy enough to be used while trailering???

honda200x1987
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
I would not recommend to have this cover on your ATC while on a open trailer, I would be afraid it would fly off while driving down the highway. This cover does have a drawstring, I will be the first to have one and I will post pics mounted on my 1987 200X to verify fitment , I am sure it will. It has been shipped USPS with tracking # and I am awaiting arrival Friday .
I'm sorry... I read your post with the pics on pg 3 incorrectly. I thought those were prototypes you were hoping to get made, didn't realize they were already in production. Looks nice! Are they sturdy enough to be used while trailering???

honda atc guy
03-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Nothing if you can read.Not to mention the post you quoted DC on was posted before the post you quoted yourself with. Nobody gives a shlt what you are willing to spend either. If your parents won't raise your allowance for you to buy quality reproductions of discontinued items then simply move on NOBODY CARES!

I don't care about you either so stop crying. boo hoo Maybe I can have some of your allowance Mommy and Daddy give you.

Scootertrash
03-05-2014, 11:02 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1307337/purse-fight-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/1307337/purse-fight.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

kzr800
03-06-2014, 09:28 AM
All I know is the more I look at those covers the more I want one.....They look great.

honda200x1987
03-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I just checked the tracking number and my cover will arrive today! I will post pics of the cover on my 87X tonight.

honda200x1987
03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
What timing! It just came in

honda200x1987
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Just got my cover today quicker than I thought, I fit's my 1987 200X LIKE A GLOVE!!!! Jake done a GREEEEEAAAT job on this cover , it also has drawstring at the bottom for adjustment and I am more than satisfied and perfect color, thanks Jake!!!!!!!!!! :beer

Scootertrash
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Cover looks awesome! Nice work Jake!

honda atc guy
03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
That is BEAUTIFUL!! I hope jakestrawn's ATC cover business goes well. I'm going to be in for 2 covers later on.

dirtwheels
03-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Looks really good on there Steve! Now you have a cover thats worthy of putting on your 87. Great job Jake! You can tell a lot of work went into these covers.

86T3
03-07-2014, 02:08 AM

I wouldnt recomend using any cover while transporting, the constant flapping will scratch your trike

MNhondaguy
03-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Just got my cover today quicker than I thought, I fit's my 1987 200X LIKE A GLOVE!!!! Jake done a GREEEEEAAAT job on this cover , it also has drawstring at the bottom for adjustment and I am more than satisfied and perfect color, thanks Jake!!!!!!!!!! :beer

Your garage is spotless, and you have a mop and cleaner in the corner. Was a cover needed?! Lol looks amazing though!

camy
03-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Is there some atc70 cover available??? I'll be up for 3 of them!!!

honda200x1987
03-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Did you send him a private message? I am 100% sure he can make them , you may just have to send him measurements of your ATC70 . I can't get over how good these look, I love mine!
Is there some atc70 cover available??? I'll be up for 3 of them!!!

honda200x1987
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Anyone else get one of these covers yet?

OKSTATE#1
03-12-2014, 11:56 PM
I want one and contacted him, I think he's busy. Plus, I want one for my Big Red and he's got to get the measurements from a BR near him. But I will post pics as soon as I do

drsung
03-14-2014, 10:40 PM
I ordered one for my '87 200X today. He told me he has made the following change: I actually changed the side logos to sewn on marine vinyl. The look and size is the same but I feel it's more durable

It shoudl ship a week from today. I'll try and post pictures once I get it.

kzr800
04-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Bump, any update on the 250R & ATC70 covers yet?

honda200x1987
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
I was wondering my self, I did get a msg from jakestrawn about a week ago, He can't keep up with demand of 250SX size cover , its going to be the end of April before he will have a chance to make up some 350x/250r sizes. Maybe he will give us an update soon. Anyone else received one of these covers?
Bump, any update on the 250R & ATC70 covers yet?

Dirtcrasher
04-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah, you just gotta pay that Nigerian the extra amount for the check, and he added 1000$ that we owe him. Covers are just about done :lol:

I was hoping you guys were gonna silkscreen that ATC logo on?

Guys who want nice covers probably won't be taking them off too much versus a rider; Maybe the sewn on vinyl will look great??!!, IDK....

userj8670
04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
These are niiice!

jakestrawn
04-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Hello three wheeler owners Jake here. I have just got really busy at work and don't anticipate slowing down until fall. I will update u guys if something changes or when i have some 350x,250r, 70 covers available. Enjoy a great summer of riding!

kzr800
04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Hello three wheeler owners Jake here. I have just got really busy at work and don't anticipate slowing down until fall. I will update u guys if something changes or when i have some 350x,250r, 70 covers available. Enjoy a great summer of riding!

Very dissapointed......Those covers looked great and i would stil like to get one for my 250R and one for my ATC70. I hope you find the time sooner than later. :cry: