PDA

View Full Version : help with 350x rear mastercylinder

fcf35
01-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Can't get any fluid to go through the master cylinder.I've took it apart and used a airgun to blow it all out but fluid will only fill up the line from reservoir to the master.there is pressure coming from the line that connects to the caliper when pumping the brake.

ScreaminRed
01-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Sounds like the master is stuck and needs a rebuild. Did you just try bleeding it since your getting pressure from pumping the brake? See how that works for you, just keep the reservoir full as you bleed. :)

250rRoostmaster
01-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Air locked most likely, I use a power bleeder and push the fluid up through the caliper in these cases, works great. If you don't have access to one though, your just gonna have to keep bleeding and pumping. Are you getting any air bubbles?

barnett468
01-24-2014, 10:36 AM
One option is to:

put front wheel on a box around 8" - 10" high

remove the line on the rear caliper.

if fluid does not run out continuously and lower the level in the master, remove line on master.

if fluid does not come out the master, the master is the prob.

if fluid does come out the master the line is the prob.

It's occasionally hard to get all the air out from the curve in the hose on the rear carrier. Once you fix the prob, I would:

Remove the rear caliper

Put it on the ground with the bleeder pointing the same direction as it is when mounted on the bike.

Put a clear plastic hose on the bleeder with a curve that extends above the caliper by around 2”

Open the bleeder and let the system gravity drain around 6 oz’s of fluid through it.

Make sure the reservoir does not go dry.

Tighten the bleeder, reinstall the caliper and you should be done. Additional bleeding can then be done the conventional way if desired.

Dirtcrasher
01-24-2014, 03:52 PM
I use a syringe from a vet and some tubing that fits snug.

I can push it thru or suck it out.