PDA

View Full Version : Damaged cases

DOGBONE
01-02-2004, 11:56 PM
After my tear down of part last night and part today here is the damage to the parts when I got the motor apart.

The parts that got damaged from the crank was the left side crankcase, the right side was ok.

I would think the crank cases would be good to use, just bend out the cracked spots and get them welded back together. What do you guys think?

I'll have some pics up tomorrow of most of the pieces I found in the bottom end.

x.system
01-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Yea, those are repairable from what I've been told. I had a set that did the same thing. Mine were much worse and I sold them on ebay and bought new. They sold for 200 so the guy must have know they were repairable.

DOGBONE
01-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Cool, glad to hear that, It's also kind of bent over but not by much.

How much will your buddy charge to fix that and the other damage I have to my cases?

thanks

x.system
01-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Did you try to look locally first. I dont know for sure what he will charge but I can take one of my case halves to him and ask. Might be cheaper to fix just the one and replace the worst one. I think you can get a left case half for 200 new if I remember correctly. Its really up to you though depending on what you want to spend. A guess would be around 50 to 75 to repair all that is damaged, but I can check for sure, possibly tomorrow. I would replace that crank as well, looks messed up.