PDA

View Full Version : Camo US90 Build

coolpool
01-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I finally got around to get some pics of progress so far with this build. It started as a disassembled 1973 K1 with a questionable motor. Turns out the motor had a nasty hole in the left case from a chain incident. The PO did some awesome body work on the fenders and tank and had a seat made that is outstanding. That alone was worth the $333.00 I paid for the machine! Shortline10 has built me a 1980 Big Bore 110 (125cc) with a mild cam that I'll be picking up in Florida when I'm down there early Feb. I'm carrying it back as luggage! I chose later model 110 foot pegs and Pro Wedge tires to put on it. I'm going to go with a back rack that came with a bulk purchase of three 90's. This will be a rider and needs some functionality, not to mention protection for the rear fenders ;-). If I absolutely hate it I may, a) chrome it as suggested by Mattdragontamer, or b) install a stock one on it. As for the camo hydro dipping, I'm just as curious as some of you as to how it will hold up. Time will tell. I'll keep adding pics as I go along.

90guy
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Oh boy! Got it posted! I like the direction you are headed with it! Shes going to be a sweet machine your building there! Can't wait for more! :beer

shortline10
01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Wow this is turning out really nice . I didn't realize you were using a us90 frame with a fixed front motor mount , the atc110 motor is slightly longer because of the longer stroke and cylinder length . Might need to open up the motor head mount holes a little to shoe horn her in their LOL .

coolpool
01-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Wow this is turning out really nice . I didn't realize you were using a us90 frame with a fixed front motor mount , the atc110 motor is slightly longer because of the longer stroke and cylinder length . Might need to open up the motor head mount holes a little to shoe horn her in their LOL .

Good to know, thanks! When you say she's a little longer, how many mm's do you think?

shortline10
01-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Ill measure the difference tomorrow and report back .

Good to know, thanks! When you say she's a little longer, how many mm's do you think?

MattDragontamer
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
This build will be one for the books i think. It's going to get allot of attention here and at the show and shines. :)

shortline10
01-14-2014, 09:19 AM
The difference is 6mm longer on the 110 motor , Lots of meat in the motor head mount so a little from their and she should bolt easily .

coolpool
01-14-2014, 10:20 AM
The difference is 6mm longer on the 110 motor , Lots of meat in the motor head mount so a little from their and she should bolt easily .

Sounds good, thanks!

JasonB
01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
very cool start to this project! I actually really like the camo hydro dipping, not a camo guy but that looks neat!

DohcBikes
01-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Way cool, I love it!

trizilla
01-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Cool build. i like the camo against the white. i look forward to seeing the progress pics.

coolpool
01-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Cool build. i like the camo against the white. i look forward to seeing the progress pics.

Thanks tri, not white but ivory. It's the same base color as what's under the hydro dipping. To compliment the bone color I guess.

eBoyDog
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Did you do the hydro dipping yourself and if so, how difficult was it?

I was considering vinyl wrapping my Yamaha but after seeing your project im thinking more about hydro dipping!

coolpool
01-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Did you do the hydro dipping yourself and if so, how difficult was it?

I was considering vinyl wrapping my Yamaha but after seeing your project im thinking more about hydro dipping!

No I had it done about an hour from here. The guy did everything for $300.00;, painting, dipping and clear coat. I thought it was a decent price. You Won't paint nothing here for that kind of money unless you're set up to do it yourself. He did say the speed of submerging is key to not have the film stretch out of shape. Probably not too noticeable on camo but if you had the carbon fibre look or skulls or something that needs to be symmetrical, mistakes would pop out.

gomer202
01-16-2014, 03:53 AM
Sweet build man! Haven't been on the site for a while, must be a nice project seeing as its freezing out in Alberta. It's 10 degrees here in B.C so we're a little better off! Glad the build is goin well, gonna keep and eye on it

coolpool
01-18-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm about as far as I can go without the motor. Three weeks and she should be tearing up the lake........I hope. Still missing a couple of parts, not show stoppers, just cosmetics. I really think that back rack should get chromed after all. Better save my pennies. I'm not sure if I should put the reflectors on like the Canadian models had. If I don't I'll probably grind off the rear rack tabs.

MRSOUND
01-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Looking good! I like it!

MattDragontamer
01-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Lol, i just realised, with that bone white and cammo, i might just loose you on the trails! :p

shortline10
01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Man that is just beautiful Peter ! Awesome build :drool:

I'm about as far as I can go without the motor. Three weeks and she should be tearing up the lake........I hope. Still missing a couple of parts, not show stoppers, just cosmetics. I really think that back rack should get chromed after all. Better save my pennies. I'm not sure if I should put the reflectors on like the Canadian models had. If I don't I'll probably grind off the rear rack tabs.

Jwheeler
01-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Very nice !!!!! Good looking trike. You should be proud.:beer

coolpool
01-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement folks. And Matt just look for the dust cloud ahead of you. You won't lose me , lol. And here's the motor that's waiting for me in Florida. I called the airlines and they said it won't be a problem to travel back with it. Just hope I don't get some dumb azz at check in .

Joseph Farrow
01-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Too Cool! Awesome Trike. :beer

DohcBikes
01-18-2014, 02:42 PM
WOW! The progress pics are awesome! Trike looks great, engine looks great, can't wait to see it all together!

Keith Salyer
01-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Very nice, I like the rack just the way it is. Very sano.

trizilla
01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
i love that your building this to ride. looks amazing!

C.J
01-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Looks slick!!! I can't wait to see a pic of it out on a trail! I'm gunna have to show my uncle this one lol he's gunna love it (and probably want one!)

Have you ever thought about shaving a worn down pro-wedge completely smooth for the front? How do they feel as a front tire?

coolpool
01-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Looks slick!!! I can't wait to see a pic of it out on a trail! I'm gunna have to show my uncle this one lol he's gunna love it (and probably want one!)

Have you ever thought about shaving a worn down pro-wedge completely smooth for the front? How do they feel as a front tire?

I don't know about shaving it down. I'd almost hate to do that to such a cool looking tread. This will probably never see sand where I think a smooth tire would be at home as there isn't an abundance of it around here. I don't find the ride terrible with these and I like aggressive look.

Dirtweed
01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Thank thing look amazing. Awesome job!

C.J
01-19-2014, 12:52 PM
I don't know about shaving it down. I'd almost hate to do that to such a cool looking tread. This will probably never see sand where I think a smooth tire would be at home as there isn't an abundance of it around here. I don't find the ride terrible with these and I like aggressive look.

Oh ok. I agree it does look super aggressive lol I was just thinking it would look more like a stock YS90 front tire if shaved down. But like you said, a smoothy probably wouldn't be the greatest on the trails

coolpool
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Got the motor back from Florida with no problems, lots of explaining and $100 cash did the trick with overweight charges. Cheaper than shipping IMO. I polished up the backs of the reflectors and put them on for now, we'll see. I've managed to ride it a little but with it so dang cold 5 minutes is about all I want to be out. Hopefully next weekend is better. I was thinking of applying some K1 Honda decals (just the word) to the tank to break up the camo, comments?

Chopsaw
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
That's awesome . Colors scheme is perfect . Don't chrome the rear rack ! Yeah I think the right decal on the tank would just put it over the top . GREAT job making your vision real . That thing is awesome ,,, I love it .
Chop .

Stonewall
03-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Great Job!! This is probably one of the best builds I've seen in a while. Love the way the camo dip looks.

90guy
03-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Love it! Turned out awesome! I think the decals on the tank would be the icing on the cake!

90crazy
03-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Real nice work!

Kickstand 1
03-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Turned out sweet Peter! Showed the pics to the guys at the shop! You got five guys that love it from WI. If you need the decals for the K1 let me know. Ill send you a set on the house. I'm guessing you want white? But ill send you what ever you ask for. White or Black. You can also paint the decals. If you want to know what to use to paint them just PM me. LOVE IT BROTHER!!!!:naughty:

trizilla
03-02-2014, 12:54 PM
i love the wat this thing looks! turned out sweet with the ivory.

did you buy those tires new? is so, where?

if it was mine, i'd decal the tank in an ivory color. i think it would go along nice with the rest..

looks great man!

coolpool
03-02-2014, 01:25 PM
i love the wat this thing looks! turned out sweet with the ivory.

did you buy those tires new? is so, where?

if it was mine, i'd decal the tank in an ivory color. i think it would go along nice with the rest..

looks great man!

Thanks for all the compliments folks!
Believe it or not I bought the tires, rims and adapter plates used off another member. They were pretty much new. Used to run them on my green K1 to save the balloons. I like the Ivory Honda decal idea. My son suggested to outline the letters in hunter orange slightly to make them stand out. I'll do a mock up and see.

coolpool
03-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Turned out sweet Peter! Showed the pics to the guys at the shop! You got five guys that love it from WI. If you need the decals for the K1 let me know. Ill send you a set on the house. I'm guessing you want white? But ill send you what ever you ask for. White or Black. You can also paint the decals. If you want to know what to use to paint them just PM me. LOVE IT BROTHER!!!!:naughty:

That's a very nice gesture, thanks! I would only take you up on it if you weren't breaking up a complete set. White, black or ivory? Now there's the question ;-)I'll keep in touch.

Stonewall
03-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks for all the compliments folks!
My son suggested to outline the letters in hunter orange slightly to make them stand out. I'll do a mock up and see.

+1 for this idea. A little Blaze Orange would look real good on this rig.

Joseph Farrow
03-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Looks Great!
I really like the blacked out wheels.

atc007
03-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Great job Pete!! Decals are Always better!! I'm with your son on the orange outline. Super COOL build :)

Motorgidd
03-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Awesome build, that thing looks great Pete... Another show piece!

honda200x1987
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
That is a unique build! Great work on that 90 !

Big G
03-05-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread before. Anyways that is an amazing ATC! You have the color scheme dialed! I say don't chrome the rack - keep it the way it is...everything looks awesome! A Honda decal on the tank would finish it off nicely. And your son is right on track with outlining in blaze orange...awesome idea.