PDA

View Full Version : Industry Legend Passes

Keith Salyer
01-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I received word Thursday that Calvin Pollet, the man who owned CAMMEX RACING PRODUCTS passed away Tuesday from a battle with cancer. His funeral will be Monday in So. Coffeyville Kansas.

ChrisD
01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
That is sad news. He has been dealing with that for some time. That man was a genius. For those that don't know of him, he was CP Industries who makes Cheetah, Puma, Saber cylinders. May he rest in peace.

C.J
01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Dang that's rough to hear. My thoughts and best wishes are to his family.

ONEBAD350X
01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Dang that sucks..My thoughts to his family.

Keith Salyer
01-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Calvin was an innovator and inventor. I had never seen a stuffer plate until I looked into one of Calvins engines.

Keith Salyer
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
I went to the funeral today and let me tell you it was a packed house. Calvin had many friends, colleagues, loved ones and family. We celebrated his life today and many stories were told of his genius with motors, his musical talents , and his way with people. Calvin lived every day to it's fullest. He got to do what he loved and did it his own way. In the last year he took on a partner in the business (CP Industries) so his dream will go on and the industry will still have all those big bore kits to make those two strokes fly :)

Billy Golightly
01-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Wow, I am very sorry to hear this. I did not know Calvin personally, but I spent a lot of time reading and trying to absorb some of this posts and comments he made on www.planetsand.com where he was a moderator and would occasionally make a thread that would really make people stop and think about 2 stroke motors. One in particular about crank case volumes and compressions has always stuck with me as someone that really thought outside the box and was able to act on those thoughts.

A loss for sure...thoughts are with his friends and family.

Keith Salyer
01-15-2014, 03:57 PM
If i ever get an hour at the computer I can throw out some of the things Calvin thought up in the 80"s

Billy Golightly
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
That would be very very cool.