PDA

View Full Version : the old and the young

mymint87
01-02-2004, 04:56 AM
this past holiday out at the deserts in southern cal i met a guy and his daughter..she was out on her first solo ride on her new toy. she had a smile from ear to ear and the concentration she put forth was admirable...her father had her trike "rigged " with the throttle slightly on and all she did was drive and stop w/brakes.. it made me happy to see that this old 70 model was giving her young heart fond memories she will carry for the rest of her life.................

heres a pic

Bumb
01-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Wish I had a 3 wheeler when I was 7.

JMiller
01-02-2004, 11:49 AM
so do i !!!

TRI-Zbrian
01-02-2004, 12:10 PM
lol i know i wish i was spoiled and was bought a 3 wheeler when i was that age. ive had to buy all my own machines with my own hard earned cash all on my own all of these years. its good to start that young because you will be better at it when you are older but then again its not good to spoil a kid to much they have to be tought to work for what they get also other wise they wont respect it at all. i have alot of friends that are bought cars and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like that and isurence is payed for by there parents lol and they beat the living piss out of there cars i had to bust my ass for my car and then bust it even more to be able to pay to get it on the road so i learned to respect it alot more that way. it sickens me soem times seeing how spoiled kids are and they way they act when they are. im not talking about the kid on the trike im just venting a bit the kid on the trike is another story because he/she is gaining much needed experience by having that trike.

TimSr
01-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I think every 7 year old should go get a job, and stop sponging off their parents.

Whe they are little and slow they are cute. Then they get fast and scare the crap out of you! Enjoy them while they ride slow!

sandrooster
01-03-2004, 03:27 AM
I think I can speak for alot of us here.

I/we STILL ride the way we do what we do because we didn't have what we wanted when we were much younger.

smokinwrench
01-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Whe they are little and slow they are cute. Then they get fast and scare the crap out of you! Enjoy them while they ride slow!

I agree 100%. The more my kid rides the faster he gets. He can out run me in the sand drags on the ole trx250 utility quad, he thinks he is the fastest kid in the world. LOL

The faster he gets the more safety gear I buy.

TRI-Zbrian, I suppose your parents have never ever helped you at all. If that is the case you just as well move out and pay some rent and utilities why your at it, oh yeah it is damn expensive to eat breakfast, lunch and supper everyday too.

Who is paying for the internet connection your running on?

Hmmm
Josh