PDA

View Full Version : My new 85 250sx

Atcrumm
01-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Here's a few pics of my 85 sx I need a cap for my clutch adjustment any one have one

tri again
01-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Very cool.
I personally cannot live without one.
Check / change rear axle gear oil before you do anything else. May have water or never been changed since birth.
I think the 3ww store has some cover caps reproduced.

Sx racks are almost impossible to find btw.
Great score!

Atcrumm
01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Tri again thanks for the info I'll check it out

TecateDan
01-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Awesome machine man. I got an 85 with the same rack and need to mount it. It looks like there is some sort of bracket that I am missing. Any chance you can get some pics of the piece that goes between the rack and the bracket that mounts to the Frame??? PLEASE :-)

Atcrumm
01-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Will do tecatedan give me a few

ScreaminRed
01-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Nice trike man! After reading so much good about them here on the site, if i found a good deal on one, i would buy it. Right now, i'd like to add one of those and a decent 250r. Have fun!!! :)

UPNATM
01-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats man, that's a damn clean SX. Those caps just went discontinued, but there a still a bunch of dealers that show them in stock. If the 3 ww store doesn't have any, call your local dealer, and have them do a dealer search. When I was knee deep in my project SX that's what I did. I had discontinued parts being shipped to me from dealers all over the country.

Atcrumm
01-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Upnatm will do thanks for the info

tri again
01-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Awesome machine man. I got an 85 with the same rack and need to mount it. It looks like there is some sort of bracket that I am missing. Any chance you can get some pics of the piece that goes between the rack and the bracket that mounts to the Frame??? PLEASE :-)
I posted a bunch of oem sx rack stuff a couple years ago. try search for 'sx rack' and I'll look and see if they're still in my pix.
Mine has big (3") doorknob type bolts that come thru the fenders and hefty frame mounts.
I can't see them on this new sx. Maybe it's aftermkt and are still avaible really cheap??
(wishful thinking)
Just realized one sx had lynch pins holding it on but that one got sold (ol' lady pressure) and I'm still sad about it.

The muffler pic has the oem verticals for those doorknob bolts to go into.
The lower right is the shear pin / hack job connection that worked great btw

Should kept the sx and got rid of the x.
I'll Never get rid of an sx with racks.

jeswinehart
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Hey Sheldon, my wife makes those little rubber covers for the SX and 250 Bigreds. She is making a new mold right now,,,, done wore out the original mold.
I ain't so sure you will find those in "dealer search",,, perhaps I suppose but when I checked about 3 years ago my dealer guys said no gotta any anywhere so we decided to make then once again,,, about three years ago (mainly for another good friend/member hublake).
Well at any rate if they are available you won't hafta pay the shipping from who ever dealer to get them too your local dealer since ours are 15 dollars shipped.
Her new mold will start producing along about Tuesday.

I MISS the SX I had when I could not find the 250 Bigred of my dreams. Found it and sold off the SX for some silly reason.
Very nice SX you have there,,, sigh
Matt O on here has a real fetish for those as well, gots something like 7-8 of them now.

john
PM's work great for us in regards to replacement parts needs (thank you).

TecateDan
01-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Mine looks just like number 6 pic. I'm wondering what is suppose to take up the space inbetween???

kebby28
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
That thing is mint! I want a nice sx like that so bad.

Larry T Moore
01-05-2014, 07:15 AM
you gonna do those caps in different colors?...i could use a couple regardless

jeswinehart
01-05-2014, 08:18 AM
In looking back now, if the SX I had came with rack(s) I most likely would not have been so anal about getting a Bigred. I suppose I never thought about adding racks,,, probably didn't know there had been any available.
yeah, she can do almost any color you want Larry.