PDA

View Full Version : 350x rear shock upgrade

jays375
01-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Looking for a upgraded rear shock for my 350x.For the cost of upgrading the old original,might as well buy another.I found Works Suspension still makes one for it actually.Was wondering what shocks from other modern machines would fit.Or would even like to put a linked rear suspension on.

Dirtcrasher
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
It's still a non linkage shock, but I imagine a works shock could utilize the entire travel of a 350X......

I have read that a few people had a 350X shock re-valved (maybe even with a gold valve?) and they were very happy with the results.

jays375
01-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Only thing I have against revolving is cost.If you put a new spring on,almost the cost of a new modern shock.Plus it still lacks performance of a modern shock.Looking for something economical.

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2014, 11:55 PM
IDK but IDT you require a new spring. Maybe some thicker oil and revalving.......

Depends how you ride sooooooo much. Most us barely hit a few little jumps on the heavy X. I've gone bigger but I run a totally different suspension than you.

That rear shock gold valve isn't cheap but without linkage, I think it's the best you can do.

DC

manbearpig
01-07-2014, 12:17 AM
who have you spoken to about rebuilding your stock shock? ive worked with a local company called suspension101 and other board members have as well. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/159665-Suspension-Rebuilds!?highlight=suspension101

They have posted prices of their rebuilds and they only run about half of what Works wants for a new shock. JasonB has a new spring and rebuild done for his 500 build and it ran something like $400. if you speak to any suspension person, they'll tell you that your stock shock has LOTS of potential. The gold valve can be made to work in the 350X shock. i think the guys at ATVonDemand did that and the forks on their 350X motocross build. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/161980-Honda-ATC350X-Vintage-Motocross-Build-by-ATV-on-Demand-REVEALED!?highlight=atvondemand

bigdaddyvw185
01-07-2014, 12:25 AM
manbearpig is right on target as usual with suspension 101 he pointed me to them months back and it worked out very well, i sent them my shock for my 300 build, heavier spring and rebuild and it ran me $292.00 with shipping. cannot go wrong with that any way ya look at it. And i had it back in like 10 days.

jays375
01-07-2014, 06:52 AM
It has been rebuilt already.Racetech wants $500 to go through the rear shock.I was told also that the seal isn't the best in the OEM shock.Every suspension shop will tell you great things.In the end it is still a old rebuilt shock.When it fails they tell you this.