PDA

View Full Version : 83 ATC 70 Grandson project need help

HairyJR
12-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Twelve year old grandson talked his father into buying this ’83 Blue Christmas special ATC 70 as a family project, he and his grandfather, me. Plastic’s not broken but has normal wear and tare with several deep scratches that he’s already sanding and polishing. All three tires are different with one original, we’ll need to buy two good originals.
What we need help with is the name and or paint code for the silver used on the stock wheels. Powder coating is also an option if there’s a good color match. This is not a complete restoration project, but a very close refresh.

Dirtcrasher
01-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Very nice XMAS special! He's got the bug now, it's full throttle from here on.

I'm looking forward with my 85 ATC70 and putting in my larger motor with electric start, full suspension, 3" stretched frame and hydraulic brakes.

I just need to heal up a few more weeks and I'll be good :D

Welcome to 3WW :beer

wisconsinite
01-01-2014, 06:08 AM
First off, kudos to that kid for talking the old man into it :). The right rear tire looks like a kenda scorpion, that's a good replacement tire. If your'e not going for "factory" resto, you might want to go with those, they are an economical replacement. Looks like an overall nice trike, good luck with it, and hope the young man enjoys it!