PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70's WIW?

Joseph Farrow
12-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Hey guys need a little help. I know you need pic's but I do not have any. :(
I ran up on a guy who has a lot of ATC 70's. I would guess conservatively over 20.....
Two that stood out to me was a 1973 Flame Tank and a 1983 Blue Christmas Special. Both bikes are complete but have been setting out and would need to be restored. Tanks and plastics appear to be in good shape. Nothing dented or busted. Tires would need to be replaced and would take some work to get running. They both appeared to be running when parked. I know this is not giving you much to go on. Like I said I know you need pic's but I did not have my phone to snap any. I know nothing about 70's but would/could buy these. Not sure what it would take so kinda looking for any insite from the experts. From high to low let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!
Joseph

Xowner
12-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Pull starts there? Gas tanks rusty? Locked up? If the pull starts gas tanks and the engines turn id say low of 200 bucks up to maybe 300 a piece

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/4177333641.html example

trizilla
12-31-2013, 08:42 AM
70's are alot of fun, they will be worth the time and money. the seat,tank, and fenders are the most expensive parts. all the hard parts are readily available, reasonably cheap. i'd try to get them both for no more than 5 bills. if he weasled me out of 6 i would ask for an extra roller just for the parts.

HairyJR
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Don't know much about '73 model but the '83 Christmas special model with even fairly good blue plastic , tank and forks sells for double all the other 70's here in SoCal. Grandson just bought one a couple days ago and wants grandpa to help him fix it. You can't go wrong in buying both.

"HJ"

Joseph Farrow
12-31-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm saying they could be bought for $200-$300 each. May see if he would take $400 for the pair. I dont need them but I know they should be worth a little more than a regular 70.

Thanks guys for the help!

blue27
12-31-2013, 02:03 PM
the 73-74 are alot different then the newer ones, the hard to find parts that differ are the recoil, side-cover , skid plate, grab bar, and rear cover. the foot pegs and exhaust are different also. Fenders are available as repops on ebay. Blue Xmas one are just cool but impossible to find fenders, yes Maier makes them but they are Yamaha blue not Honda Blue. But at 400 for the pair you cant go wrong.

CRAZY70MAN
12-31-2013, 04:06 PM
^^ as stated above...a lot depends on the condition of the blue plastics. They are all but extinct........worth quite a bit if they are not destroyed?? Pullstarts go for 60-100 bucks if they are not there as well. Buy em ....they are worth 200 each without a doubt if they are complete.... How close are you to Memphis????

Joseph Farrow
12-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks again for the info!

How close are you to Memphis????

About an hour East up I-40.