PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, and sad piece of 3 wheeler history

hogmuffin
12-30-2013, 12:56 AM
I found this letter today, still in the envelope, after i loaded up my grandpa's YTM200ERN. He and my grandma always saved every piece of paperwork for everything they owned, they have passed away, but my aunt and I found all kinds of stuff for this trike. the bill of sale, title, owners manual, pre delivery checklist, warranty guide, and then there was this. Yamaha must have mailed it out after the CPSC stuff all went down. Just thought it was interesting and thought i would share it.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183155&d=1388379863http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183154&d=1388379863

JasonB
12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
i ALWAYS WEAR HEAVY TROUSERS when i ride after consuming drugs and alcohol and performing jumps and/or wheelies. lol

Thats actually a pretty neat letter, i believe all that and more are now stamped onto atv fenders now a days

Hair Bear Bunch
12-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's hard to go through all the saved paperwork, sometimes almost a day to day record of their lives but when you come across gems like this it makes you smile and glad that previous generations were so pedantic about keeping things.
Rob.

BleedRed
12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=JasonB;1274884]i ALWAYS WEAR HEAVY TROUSERS when i ride after consuming drugs and alcohol and performing jumps and/or wheelies. lol

I almost pissed my trousers after reading that lmao.

tri again
12-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks Hog.
Not easy going through stuff like that.

I'm leaving a few future 'barn finds' around and some cool stuff like that
to make people laugh and smile IF something ever happens.

Have they been gone a while?

tri again
12-31-2013, 04:32 PM
i ALWAYS WEAR HEAVY TROUSERS when i ride after consuming drugs and alcohol and performing jumps and/or wheelies. lol

Thats actually a pretty neat letter, i believe all that and more are now stamped onto atv fenders now a days

Some ladder mfg in New England said his ladders need so many warning stickers, they are actually making them slippery and less safe....this was after they got sued because the guy propped the ladder in frozen horse manure and as it thawed, the ladder fell over.
He sued and WON!