PDA

View Full Version : 200x Front and rear suspension upgrades, whats the best route?

hawaiirider
12-10-2013, 06:34 PM
i have a 83 atc 200x with a 83 250r front shock and stock rear shock
the stock suspension is actually pretty dern good, suprising even
my main deal is jumping and my build is almost complete on this trike
is the 83r shock an upgrade? its quite a bit longer, looks funny on my x like a chopper
i have a 82 250r as well and the front suspension is a little shorter but has a nice fat tire and works really good as well
as far as the rear i checked into a works shock, but 750$ is just too much, id like to upgrade as mine is extremely stiff and rides rough but land great off big jumps
any info would be appreciated i want to finish this bike top notch no less!

rg97
12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Contact suspension 101. Heard nothing but good from them, and they can re-valve and re-spring your stock shock to fit your riding needs, weight, how you ride, etc.
as for the front, I'd wait and see if oldskool83 has any input. He did a third gen (I think?) front end on his X, and it looks killer. If that doesnt suit your fancy, either progressive springs or inverts are an option. honestly, i dont think that I would like the 200x with a fat front end.

Dirtcrasher
12-10-2013, 06:54 PM
84 250R Complete 83/84 250R front end, the 350X progressive springs fit those as well.

Get the rear rebuilt for your weight and riding style or fork or the money for a works shock......

oldskool83
12-17-2013, 02:08 PM
well a few members have seen my bike in person and everyone likes how the 83R shock works on the 200x like it was ment to be. 10" of travel is tits, the thing feels awesome

I used 2nd gen R forks because I didnt not want a leading front axle. you need a HRE 200x shock mount however. Most riders over 125lbs will need a heavier spring like a eibach on it, but thats a heck of a cheaper route then a works shock that provides 5inches of travel for $700.

I do not recoment 350X shocks on the 200x. it jacks the rear up and looks like ass. you want to raise the bike the same so rake and trail is not screwed up. I did my math when I came up with this set up...and HRE build it for me.

Everyone was pleased so if you do what I do it will work. If you choose not to do what I do, then deal with your 5inches....lol

Martin Matte
07-18-2014, 06:02 AM
wooooooooooooow!!!!!!