PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my trailor?

kebby28
12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Bought it on Amazon for about $150. Really thin metal. First trip through the woods with round wood it got all bent up so I lined the bottom with plywood and made my own tailgate. I painted it red and ordered the decals from letteringonthecheap.com. I plan to make 12" side seats with metal conduit going over in an arch with black canvas and a few flexible windows for a little bob house. :w00t:

Also, my front tire doesn't have much tread left on it. Is it true I can stud it with studs that go all the way in the tire and it will hold air?

Flyingw
12-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Very nice. I like fun projects like that.

CRAZY70MAN
12-10-2013, 06:30 AM
You can stud the front. If you run em' through....slime it and you are good to go. I used 3/4" kold kutters on mine.....but it is a trailpro and needs no air most of the time...lol.....

dougspcs
12-10-2013, 08:48 AM
That looks exactly like my ice fishing trailer project..except in black of course. I know what you mean about the light gauge..I don't think I'll be loading it with wood..just gas auger and fishing gear. Also fitted with skis..

Think I see a red paint job and decal in the future..thanks for the inspiration Kebby!

El Camexican
12-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Cool rig! I'm glad you ordered the decals to just say "Honda" and not "Honda Trailor";)

dougspcs
12-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Cool rig! I'm glad you ordered the decals to just say "Honda" and not "Honda Trailor";)

I know right?

Amazing how many people spell it like that, my personal favourite is 'bran new'!

Just watch these will start showing up in the 'new English dictionary'..things get spelled wrong so many times it become right.

Like the US spelling of things like 'color' and 'favorite'..

Not picking on you Kebby, it's just the way the world is going!

bigdaddyvw185
12-10-2013, 10:36 AM
i like it, the honda sticker pulls it all together. i no what ya mean by the gauge, i have ruined 2 trailers hauling firewood. Made one up to match my sears tractor but it did not stay pretty for long with all the firewood...

dougspcs
12-10-2013, 11:57 AM
i like it, the honda sticker pulls it all together. i no what ya mean by the gauge, i have ruined 2 trailers hauling firewood. Made one up to match my sears tractor but it did not stay pretty for long with all the firewood...

I thought about creating a 'liner' with mine out of plywood, but that would just kill the purpose of the light weight design..I want mine to be easy to throw on and off the ATV/snowmobile trailer.

Ghostv2
12-10-2013, 12:40 PM
How was it getting shipped through amazon? Pricey? Or one of those free shipping deals.

oscarmayer
12-11-2013, 08:11 PM
why not get a local shop to fab a thicker alloy body for you then paint it? no rust, strong and light and will last for years!

kebby28
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Well, here she is in action. Round 2. This time I put 1/2 plywood on the bottom, bolted, and 3/4 plywood tailgate on hinges. Works great. My next thought is welding a 1 7/8" tongue on it because its hard to reach under to put the pin in the pin. Its still pretty lightweight.

kb0nly
12-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Looking good! I got a very similar trailer here, picked it up off craigslist for $20 this summer. I ended up putting new tires on it and painted it quickly to Honda red on the outside, the inside got done in roll on bedliner after this pic was taken. I plan on building some wooden rail sides for it next year to make it nicer.

dougspcs
12-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey Kebby, I just found my skis..I'm gonna build on your idea and set mine up for ice sled to get to the fishing grounds behind my snowmobile/trikes..

I too am gonna strengthen mine up as I want to build a top lid and auger holder, then put a folding boat bench seat on it..

I'll send some pics once I'm done but here's the skis I scored..

coolpool
12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Neat trailer kebby, love the custom decals! A word of advice from experience, keep an eye on your cotter pins that hold the wheels on. The side to side rocking motion will eventually shear them off; usually when fully loaded and on a slight side hill. Ask me how I know ;-). It's a tilting trailer too, right? I added a piece of thin rubber under the front box support where the release pin is. I found it was way too noisey without it once it wore in a little. If you have the capacity to extend your tongue, I suggest you do so. It will make it easier to back up and to hook up.