PDA

View Full Version : Why I love my 250SX

ChrisD
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
She doesn't get ridden much as the other bikes soothe the "I need to go fast gene" better, but she is always there and ready to ride. Yesterday's surprise snowstorm (they said maybe one inch then rain, but was over 6") had the kids asking to go for a ride in the snow. I pulled out the SX and without hesitation, she fired right up and gave us hours of fun until the snow plows came. Cheers to the mighty 250SX!!

Liquid-Darkness
12-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Aww... Good pic... Never see the white stuff this low in the valley.. Who knows maybe this year it will snow. My dads SX's are ole faithfulls too..

JasonB
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
thats awesome man, gotta love the dependable old SX's!

tri again
12-11-2013, 12:02 AM
We jumped on ours for this last storm.
Hasn't been started since summer but fired right up.
Had to keep the tires spinning just a little bit to get up the hills.
Super fun making crop circles.

We like to keep the gas tank full to prevent condensation, non ethanol and maybe a splash of seafoam or stabil.

Flyingw
12-11-2013, 01:21 AM
We still have snow on the ground here in OKC. Tonight I baked a batch of my world famous chocolate chip cookies and delivered them to some of my neighbors and to do that, I used my trusty SX. It's also a cookie delivery vehicle (CDV). Gotta love the SX for just about everything.

slashfan7964
12-11-2013, 07:56 AM
That picture kinda reminds me of when I was little. I used to ride our 200X's with my dad...I'd sit in front of him and hold onto the seat (where it tends to separate from the gas tank) and put my feet up, sometimes the fender would rub the tires :lol:

Good times :)

dougspcs
12-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Damn, gotta love a snow day with the kids!! A pair of beauties you have there!

Hold on to them tight right now. Pretty soon they'll be teens and you'll realize you aren't the rock star you once were!

MRSOUND
12-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Curious on the front rack. Is that Honda line or after market? looks alot like the YTM front racks.

ChrisD
12-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys. It was a fun day. My oldest daughter thought she was hot stuff because we were riding all around and her friends were waving.

The rack is aftermarket. I bought it years ago. I think I got it from J. C Whitney. It's strong and has held up well.