PDA

View Full Version : my finished ytm 200 full suspension

muthey
12-09-2013, 12:24 AM
I always said I was going to post pictures of my build and never did, unfortunately I did not take pictures of the process however I did the day I sold it. Here is a little back ground info on the build I decided to put a ytm 200 motor into a 1985 dr frame, as the shift linkage had snapped right at the splines and I replaced it with a 225 linkage. I had to widen the rear motor mount bracket bending it worked well and shaving a little off the motor helped as well.then I had to make custom spacers for the honda trx 250 sx swing arm. I used a 81 honda 200 front axle as the swing arm bolt. I had to shave .030 off of it in the lathe to make it fit nicely. I originally used the trx rear master for the brakes but modofied and fabricated a custom bracket to use a banshee/ triz rear master as the lines are the same for both. Also the chain is the same size for the trx and the ytm 200 so I was able to run a custom length 520 o-ring chain and both original sprockets. I had to make and move the upper rear shock mounts and shave the edges off the the lower part of the shock to make it sit at the right height and fit the trx swing arm. I then put chinese quad hubs and rear tires on the back as they are honda knock offs and fit perfectly, and the handle bars and hand gaurds as well as they are about the same color as my blue plastics. I'm sure I am forgetting things so feel free to ask questions as I know exactly what I made and did but am trying to think of it all right now.182093182094182095182096

muthey
12-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Yes I used a 225 pullstart, and 200 wiring harness, a 225 shifter and modified brake lever for the foot fluid brakes, I also used a full 225 exhaust system. I would have loved to have done more things to it and kept it but money was tight and we just bought our own place so had to give it up but I got a fair price for it.

El Camexican
11-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I missed this one. You put a lot of thought into this, defiantly a one off trike. A Tri-Z front and some fresh plastic and it would have looked good in my garage.;):beer

muthey
11-09-2014, 07:01 PM
that was were I was going to go with it, but alas financials and my wife had me sell it before it's time was up.