PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Weekend ride on the 84' Tecate.

stubbie1111
11-30-2013, 09:36 PM
She is a little cold when she is first started, but once warmed up she has a lot of boost on the top end. I had just rolled her out of the garage, so I wasn't going to rag on her too hard!:lol:

:naughty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjYIRN_WQ8

Yamaha3wheeler
11-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Take care of that bike. I've ridden 250r's and ytm 250's and the tecate is a freaking monster compared to them. I am a yamaha man and would love to brag, but I have to be honest based on my personal experiences. That bike is freaking awesome. You don't have to rag it out b/c people that know do know what it is capable of. Awesome and yes, you've got me looking for one.

Ghostv2
12-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Dang, that thing looks good. I always find myself looking at the tanks on these tecate's but just the whole machine looks to be in great condition.

stubbie1111
12-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Thanks Yamaha3wheeler,
It looks good now, but just wait until this time next year....... Its going to look amazing, and be faster than it is now!!!:lock:

Take care of that bike. I've ridden 250r's and ytm 250's and the tecate is a freaking monster compared to them. I am a yamaha man and would love to brag, but I have to be honest based on my personal experiences. That bike is freaking awesome. You don't have to rag it out b/c people that know do know what it is capable of. Awesome and yes, you've got me looking for one.

stubbie1111
12-01-2013, 07:37 AM
thanks Ghostv2,
I am going to be changing out my plastics an tank for a white set.... I agree about the color though.... its a pretty clean looking tank. I'm also going to break the bike down and maybe do some port work, rings, new reeds, bushings and bearing, and maybe a little polishing... we'll see.

Dang, that thing looks good. I always find myself looking at the tanks on these tecate's but just the whole machine looks to be in great condition.

Ghostv2
12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
thanks Ghostv2,
I am going to be changing out my plastics an tank for a white set.... I agree about the color though.... its a pretty clean looking tank. I'm also going to break the bike down and maybe do some port work, rings, new reeds, bushings and bearing, and maybe a little polishing... we'll see.

That should look pretty sweet.
What theme are you going for? The green and white or going to switch it up a bit?

barnett468
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
hi,

looks like a cleam bike and it runs good.

it is slightly rich, if you drop your needle down by raising the clip 1 position it will help.

if you have a stock silencer and can run a non spark arrestor type it will have more pep but you will likely need to juet up around 2 sizes.