PDA

View Full Version : 250es rims and tires on an sx?

tri again
11-16-2013, 07:47 AM
I should know this but have had a minor epidemic of
rust rotten sx wheels.
One set looked like they left the packing cardboard on the rim
and they rusted.

Anyway, I have more es rims than sx rims.

We rarely get out of 2nd gear for farm work.

Is this a suicide 'upgrade"?

Thanks

Motorgidd
11-16-2013, 09:24 AM
We put our rear stock es wheels and tires on our sx from time to time with no problems. If I remember correctly the es has a taller tire from the factory, a different offset and I think the rim is a little wider. But none of that should really be a problem.

atc500x
11-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Use the ES rim with 22x11-9 tire but only on the rear.I think the rim is wider than the sx and will not fit on the front.It's what I have on my sx.Stock 25x12-9 es tire with probably touch the rear fenders

dougspcs
11-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Sure they bolt on and fit..the rear anyway.

Offset is wrong for the front..

Also, as others have meantioned, you'll need to be aware the larger tire is a bit of a problem on your drive wheels..it'll place considerably more stress on drive components like clutches and engine!!

tri again
11-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all your help.
I now have one wheel stud spinning so thinking I'll have to take the hub off and tack weld the stud to the hub on the backside so I can get the lugnut off?

Wonder what size that big hub nut is.
That would save me a few extra limping trips back and forth to the barn.

Yeah, all are rear wheels and Grateful that I don't have to fool with front axle seizure.

King Trikester
11-16-2013, 11:46 PM
You should be able to put a wrench on the back side of the stud, welding things on atc's should be avoided unless its a life or death situation. If you can't get a wrench on the back side I personally would cut it off a replace the stud myself. I had to cut one off due to a severely striped nut, im great full that the P.O didn't weld that, he managed to weld everything else on the 84es.