PDA

View Full Version : 125m spark help

ford4x4302
11-14-2013, 07:27 AM
I jut got this 84 125m and the guy sead he was riding it and his buddy splashed him with a wall of water and it shut off and lost spark. I found a bad wire on the cdi and I fixed that but still no spark how can I test the cdi the coil and the stator ? What els could it be ? Thanks

kb0nly
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
The CDI you can't really test, plain and simple. It's electronic and other then checking connections its not like you can ohm it out and get a good idea of bad or good.

If he got splashed i would check the handlebar controls, that might have got water in it and the kill switch is shorting out. You can unplug the ignition kill wire to it and see if you get spark. Generally the handlebar controls or igntion switch is where i would start with a large splash of water. Everything else is generally pretty well sealed up unless it was submerged.

As for testing the rest... AC voltmeter, check the output of the stator when cranking, check all wiring connections, etc.

oscarmayer
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
check each connection. sometimes you will see rust or corrosion on them. also the fuse in tne rear by the battery could be bad. i haev seen them pop when getting wet.
i would start from the switch on the bars and work my way down checking every wire and connector. also ensure you check the coil and coil wire. it is possible for the plug wire to have bad or corruded contact in the plug connector end. if that is the case it will not let is spark either. on my 200e i had to cut about 1/2" off the plug wire then re-screw in the plug end and it worked fine.

kb0nly
11-15-2013, 04:36 PM
The fuse however will not cause a no-spark condition, thats only in the DC side of the charging/lighting circuit.

I agree though, got to go through it all after a soaking! The plug wire is a very good place to look also.