PDA

View Full Version : 86 250es carb problems

jordan_muirhead
11-12-2013, 01:38 AM
On my wheeler, it wouldn't run except with gas in air filter, took carb off, had to clean it with wd40. The valve on the float was stuck shut. Needless to say I cleaned it and now it runs, but after it warmed up It wouldn't idle and acted like running out of gas and backfired occasionally so I killed it and haven't messed with it since dark. What would be the cause if this?? Could something not be adjusted right? I mean in not am expert on this but I reassembled the way it came apart one jet at a time

dougspcs
11-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Search up this thread that FlyingW made.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/161746-ES-SX-350X-Carb-rebuild-Tutoral

Read it, there is more information on that carb than the average human brain can process..

If you start to bleed from the ears pack up your carb and send it to him..for a very reasonable fee he'll rebuild it to new condition!

Unless it's just an annual pull, flush, clean job, I for one will never rebuild another of these carb..Jim will be getting them all!

Liquid-Darkness
11-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah sounds like your pilot jet area is plugged up. A good carb rebuild kit and lots of compressed air should fix it.

dougspcs
11-12-2013, 10:53 AM
And Carb/choke cleaner, WD40 isn't a cleaning agent..

jordan_muirhead
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks fellas, didn't have any carb cleaner and was bored. Still an improvement from what it was. May have to just contact that fella and see if he could do mine. Don't mind paying somebody that knows what they are doin. Would fool with it today, but the wind is killer over here

NO-SCALES
11-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Its totally worth it... I got mine back from him thursday... Looked like a brand new carb. And he adjusts everthing for you , so all you have to do is slap it on and be done with it

jordan_muirhead
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
That's awesome, I'm gunna try to send mine out Friday. Just moved back to MS and been busy and will be busy for a while getting settled. I totally don't mind paying for a service I fits good quality and from what I can tell. The guy knows his stuff.