PDA

View Full Version : finally tore my 200x down

probed_out
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
well yesterday I was kind of bored and it was a nice day, so I finally pulled the engine out. I should have done it years ago the piston is pretty wore, the kickstarter return spring is broke and the timing chain is pretty loose anyways my plans are pretty simple a wiesco 12:1 65.5, oil cooler, timing chain, kickstarter spring+the upgraded kicker gears, port and polish, friction plate and springs and new valves

Im in the process of ordering parts and the shindy valves have caught my eye has anyone tried them? the price is good, also what friction plates should I get I put in ebc (with new springs) a few years ago and wasn't impressed seemed to slip the moment I put them in

no pics yet tomorrow maybe

Dirtcrasher
11-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Barnett or OEM are best and you must replace ALL as a unit; Fibers/steels and springs. Clean out the oil filter rotor as well - all in the book.....

Do Not run 12:1 run unless your sure whatever parts fix the kicker gears.

Don't worry about price, worry about QUALITY! FORGET EBC.......

I suggest a nice middle of the road cam with new titanium keepers and tough springs.

Porting and matching the intake to head are also nice upgrades. A 28mm carburetor would be nice and a Supertrapp exhaust to keep it all flowing.

Dennis Kirk has a nice timing chain/guides kit for that motor.....