PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my friends 250R today...

TeCaTe_MaN
12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
well..the ol' tecate is still having it's problems and if you read my other post "time to pay up" you can read all about them :( so he lets me ride his 250R again, now remeber this...the R has a twist throttle on it and my tecate has a thumb...that was the source of the problem of the wreck now...there was this trail we all go down and it comes out to a dirt road, about a 90 degree turn out to the road...well i gassed it around the corner and up came the front end and back rolled my wrist and up went the RPM's and SLAM! right into a tree witht he headlight guard (metal one) and the brake resivoir <--(spelling) cage and it sent me flying off into some stickerbushes...the bike was ok..i just re-aligned the bars (not bent) and bent the headlight guard a little bit...but man did i feel bad...not only was it in front of like 3 of my friends but it wasnt my bike...but my friend doesnt really care, he says thats what the guards are there for...he was just happy that i didnt break anything :-D

ScottZJ
12-29-2003, 08:58 PM
I would get him alittle something and a new headlight guard. Just to show how him thanks for letting you ride.........peace

mywifeknowseverything
12-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey Tecate_man, just came across this in one of your previous posts...You were talking about this very bike and going to the dunes...LMAO :D
quote="TeCaTe_MaN"]heh....tried that, he is determined to ride it he is gonna go to the dunes with me and some other people with his 250R (ill bring the bandaids....and casts :shock: ) :D[/quote]

x.system
12-29-2003, 10:03 PM
I would get him alittle something and a new headlight guard. Just to show how him thanks for letting you ride.........peace

I agree with Scott. You break it, you bought it. Even if he doesn't want it or doesn't care you never know, he may want to restore it someday down the road and having a brand new part sitting on the shelf will remind him what a friend you are.

ATC crazy
12-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Yup...thats how I feel. Go find a new guard, or if the one isnt too badly bent up...take a hammer to it and straighten it out and paint it again.

TRI-Zbrian
12-29-2003, 11:59 PM
surprise him when he is gone and install it for him

lol on a side not it sounds like the R got the better half of you

smokinp
12-30-2003, 12:05 AM
I agree with what they say buy him the guard and put it on when hes gone and he will be surprised.

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 12:11 AM
ya good idea, but just dont screw anything up installing the new gaurd in secret. lol, that would be tough to explain

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 12:18 AM
i was thinking about bringing it into metals and using the press to straighten everything out and weld it up (cus i cracked it a little) and sandblast it and paint it again

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Hey Tecate_man, just came across this in one of your previous posts...You were talking about this very bike and going to the dunes...LMAO :D
quote="TeCaTe_MaN"]heh....tried that, he is determined to ride it he is gonna go to the dunes with me and some other people with his 250R (ill bring the bandaids....and casts :shock: ) :D[/quote]
thats ironic aint it?? :D i put the blame solely on the twist throttle, not on anything else...im not usedto that and if it was a thumber it wouldnt have ever happened

mywifeknowseverything
12-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Dont worry...I did the same thing on my Tri-Z...It came with the Twist and I wasnt used to it....hit some whups and well, you know the rest....Now I have the thumb and that hasnt happend again...I do agree with everyone....you need to fix what you broke....You would expect that from someone else if that was your bike...

BigGreenMachine
12-30-2003, 01:25 AM
Yeah I did that a few years ago too. Little CR60, first time using twister and a clutch. Went fine until I tried to turn around, ended up wrappin it around in first and the bike went in a ditch, glad it only weighed like 100 pounds.

You'll be showing the guy what a friend he has by fixing the guard. Good luck.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-30-2003, 04:39 AM
man, all you guys not likin twist throttles???? what is up with that?? thats all i can stand to ride with, using a thumb throttle makes me feel like im driving a retard pussy machine...in the words of the great jb (lmao) "thumb throttles are for the weak and inexperienced" :D :D

mywifeknowseverything
12-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Lets see....Twist throttles are for people who aren't coordinated enough to use their thumb for anything else but sticking it up their...Oh, Sorry :shock:
In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, twist throttles are for whoever feels comfortable with them...I prefer them to be on my dirt bike...I dont have a problem there..Body english is different on a trike and there I like the thumb throttle....
My $0.02

Jeb
12-30-2003, 10:24 AM
As always, twist throttles for me! I was glad my Z and My R had twister's on them when I got them.

I can't believe anyone would switch the KXT's awesome twister for a thumber! :shock: :D

Just Kidding! To each, his own.

Yardbird
12-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Lets see....Twist throttles are for people who aren't coordinated enough to use their thumb for anything else but sticking it up their...Oh, Sorry :shock:
In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, twist throttles are for whoever feels comfortable with them...I prefer them to be on my dirt bike...I dont have a problem there..Body english is different on a trike and there I like the thumb throttle....
My $0.02

I agree completely that on a trike it's just different and prefer the thumb. Especially if I'm going to be doing any hill climbing. Any of you twisters wanna thumb wrestle? Haha

TRI-Zbrian
12-30-2003, 12:00 PM
man, all you guys not likin twist throttles???? what is up with that?? thats all i can stand to ride with, using a thumb throttle makes me feel like im driving a retard pussy machine...in the words of the great jb (lmao) "thumb throttles are for the weak and inexperienced" :D :D

lol i agree :twisted:

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 12:08 PM
make sure if you weld it to run a big bead over it with a TIG welder, then grind it down. or else it wont look flat. also use low amperage or the heat will cause the metal to warp.

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 03:51 PM
make sure if you weld it to run a big bead over it with a TIG welder, then grind it down. or else it wont look flat. also use low amperage or the heat will cause the metal to warp.

cant use the TIG yet (beginning metals) only the electric arc welder(the one with the lame little rods that always find a way to sieze to your metal) :D ...but ill just run a big ol' godzilla weld over it and grind it down and paint it

TRI-Zbrian
12-30-2003, 04:03 PM
id be carefull with that type of welding you are better off using a mig other wise you might just melt a whole in it stick welding is usualy used for thick metal

J.D.
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Remember what the other dude said, USE LOW AmPS or you'll warp it. Also, let it air cool, don't go dunk it in water.

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
ahh yes the stick/arc welders. I will be dificult to weld such thin metal with it, but its possible, just dont burn holes throught it. lol (turn the amperage down,lol)

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 04:47 PM
yea, i know i was experimentating (muahahahha) with the arc...i was making it cut pieces of metal in half, there are little welding rods that are meant for welding small stuff like that, ill just use one of them...i cant use the mig either....(begining metals is so lame)

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 04:48 PM
heh...2 posts were posted during the completion of this last post by me :D :o

J.D.
12-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Hahah, in my welding class ,we get to do everything. Stick, Mig, Tig, OxyAcetylene hahahah!

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Oh man you cant use MIG either, that sux. In my opinion its the fastest, best method of welding. lol. Tell us how it works out :-D

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Oh ya, i remember my welding class, the instructor stressed that stick welding is the most used and most important. That was BS where i work we use MIG, TIG, and plasma cutting. We also have a oxyacytalene torch we use for heating and cutting. Stick is just obsolete in todays world. But hey it works!

trikerider2oo7
12-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Not tryin to be mean or anything but if I were you I would just but a new one or go get one from a junkyard so you fudge up anything else.

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 06:12 PM
ya thats the easy way, lol. but hey were do it your selfers!

rednecks_rule350x
12-30-2003, 08:06 PM
hey i'm only 14 and i'v been welding sinse i was 5.Cause my dads the best welder in kay kounty,Oklahoma.YES i'm an Okie.

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Hahah, in my welding class ,we get to do everything. Stick, Mig, Tig, OxyAcetylene hahahah!

oh yea.... we use oxyacetylene too but i wasnt even thinking about using that for it...stick would be so much faster...

jeffo208
12-30-2003, 08:58 PM
ya oxyacytalene sux for welding, lol. At our shop we use the torch to heat things for bending.

TeCaTe_MaN
12-30-2003, 09:05 PM
ya oxyacytalene sux for welding, lol. At our shop we use the torch to heat things for bending.

yea...i wouldnt trust even a headlight guard that was oxy welded :D

but really tat is the only thing i would use that oxy torch for is cutting steel and heating for bending

BigGreenMachine
12-30-2003, 09:33 PM
We've got the mig and stick welders in the shed as well as the oxyacytaline torch. I would at least try and fix it, if you bum it up then he has no choice but to accept another guard from you. LOL

Oh ya...the Tecate and Magna have twisters and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ace Mon
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I wouldnt buy him a new headlight gaurd . He lent you the bike . He should have known you were a lousy rider ! LOL JK bro the plan to straighten the gaurd back out sounds like the right thing to do .

Mike Fort Laud
01-02-2004, 06:42 PM
That is the reason NOBODY rides my bike or drives my boat. When something gets screwed up a "I'm sorry that piece got broke" is not always acceptable. Maybe your friend was saying that it was OK to you but thinking differently in his head. I don't know how your friend feels about his 250R but I take my 250R personally.

honda200
01-02-2004, 10:57 PM
i am in a metal class as well, stick welding should not be used for that, if you cannot use a MIG welder or TIG, FUSION weld it with the oxyacetylene torches, here is how you do it, if you dont know how

melt the base metal (the guard) and the filler rod, use torch manupulation and draw the filler rod in and out of the puddle

This is a very strong weld in my opinon, i use it alot for projects and have always got good marks

Curtis

TeCaTe_MaN
01-03-2004, 04:36 AM
yea...i would do that...but thats not how our metals is set up..we got 3 different stations for begining metals...oxy welding, sheetmetal, and arc welding (with the stick) <--- im here, wont get to oxy welding for a couple of months yet...i could do that but i haveto wait... ill just do the arc welder with the little teenie rods for little teenie metal :D and my friend likes his 250R he just doesnt know much about them...he has a 250xs and a warrior too he never rides the R...so he didnt really care cus i didnt break it, i just bent it a little bit, nothing a hammer and a vise or anvil couldnt fix, and the welding thing, i was going to fix a crack that was already there and that i made a little bit worse...