PDA

View Full Version : New to me 86 250es

jordan_muirhead
11-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Just got a new too me 86 250es from my uncle who got a newer wheeler. Said it fouls about 2-3 plugs through deer season because of rings. Anyways. Hasn't been started since last year and battery probably needs replaced and gotta clean the carb. My question now is, how do you get the battery out, haven't had a lot of time to try it, but not understanding how it comes out. Thanks ahead folks

jeswinehart
11-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Remove the seat, remove both left + right side panels (they snap in + out), you will see 2 larger hand wheel type of bolts when looking straight down where the seat was. They are located towards the rear and if you remove them you will be able to raise the whole rear fender assembly, rack and all to better acess the battery box.
To the left and right of the #13 for the rear carrier is where you should find the 2 handwheel bolts to remove.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1986-honda-atc250es/o/m1903#sch3029

jordan_muirhead
11-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Thank you for that, hopefully I can yank it after work tomorrow and see what's happening