PDA

View Full Version : trx 250r 6 pack rack on a Z

pcs
10-29-2013, 12:33 AM
here is a pic of the new to me 6 pack rack for my tri z, its off a trx 250r, ac racing part # 04-7100. just slip the rack into a vice and bend each side in about 3/4" then bend it back straight. if you look at pic its slightly leaning to the left,muffler side bc if you look at the lower left bolt. when i tighten down the rack, the nut pulled it to the left. it would have not been an issue if i wanted the rack to stick out further but i wanted a close fit since i like to wheelie often and having it stick out the back too much will not be good. if you look their is plenty of room to move the rack further back and all it requires is to re drill some holes. it stock tail light can easily be made to fit behind the basket or if you dont ride too "crazy" you can mount it under the basket. i ride like i stole is so having it that low would mean i could damage it easily. for a light i just bought a flat 6" led light bar and mounted where the 2 rear bolts for the fuel tank are,tucked up out of the way. so why use a trx rack? bc it was free!

pcs
10-29-2013, 12:55 AM
here is a rear shot, the z is ready for glamis this weekend!

pcs
10-29-2013, 01:25 AM
forgot to mention i ditched the stock rear shock. i tried different springs, and stock banshee ( no change), 85 250r (too long), and a short zilla rear spring (works nice but with 20" rear tires the rear end squats to much) i ended up switching to a 14.5" marvin, its a bit long but it definitely helps keep that front end down. not sure yet how it will do play riding but if anything ill switch the valving to a hill shooter set up or a coil over later. i also plan on mounting a radiator over flow bottle in place of the stock shock ressi.