PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto 200 vs 200s?

Mr.Atc
10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
I can trade my 200s straight up for a tri motor 200 and a full parts bike. Just wondering what the better bike is. My 200s has no racks. Yamaha has front and back racks (good for ice fishing) electric start and reverse. I just re did my 200s and put some new parts on it (bearings, sprockets etc). Just wondering what the better bike is. I know hondas are very tough and reliable. But i like the electric start and reverse on the yamaha and the racks. It also has new tires.

dougspcs
10-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Since condition is everything that is tough question to answer..I prefer Hondas myself, but I'd take a clean Yamaha over a beatup Honda anyday.

The Trimoto 200 was both a chain drive and shaft drive model, some with electric and some not, a few had reverse but not many...racks or no rack. All options..

Is the Honda better that the Yamaha or vice versa is an all day argument.

Your question as to whether its a good deal has only one answer, which one was better cared for and in better shape!! If you've seen the Yamahas in question it's easier for you to answer than us!

Mr.Atc
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
History of both....
honda- found it in a dumpster put different fenders on it front fender is cracked. All 3 tires r good have tubes in them. Rear axle bearings new. New brakes exhaust sandblasted and painted. It runs good.

yamaha- was rolled and the foot pegs and foot brake are bent. Have different ones guy had 2 parts bikes. Tires are in very good shape good mud tires. Has shaft drive with reverse electric start front and back rack. Fenders are good. Runs but needs a little carb work.

Afrothunderkat
10-27-2013, 08:07 PM
My 85 ytm 200 had way more get up than my 84 200s, was lighter and also handled better.

Yamaha did good with the YTMs.

Mr.Atc
10-27-2013, 08:18 PM
They dont have back suspension do they? Idk if its an 84 or 85 all I know is that it needs some work but nothing major. As far as reliability goes how are they?

Ghostv2
10-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Its not about which one is better. Its which one has the features you most desire. 200s can be built to be a utility trike with front and rear racks, hitch, electric start. Or you can keep it stock and its sporty but if utility is what you desire and the YTM is all ready to go for that then make the trade. Just make sure all those features work!