PDA

View Full Version : Our 1985 Honda ATC 200X

slashfan7964
10-26-2013, 03:54 AM
I've been meaning to post this for a while now. Anyways, I'll have more pictures in the morning.

This is our 1985 Honda ATC 200X. This is my baby, My dad bought this one as part of a pair of trikes, both 200X's, in 1992 in brand new condition for $500. Talk about a score. There was this one, and another he says was identiacl, as in a 200X. I always remember it being white, so it may have been an '86. Anyways, long story short, he had that one rebuilt and somehow water got into it and melted a hole into the piston, and then sold it to his friends kid who proceeded to blow it up.

This one is the one we still have. It's all 100% original. It still has the original stickers, plastics everthing. At some point the grab bar was put onto the other one. The tires on this one and rims (only the back) are off the other one. I still have the original tires in the shed that came off the back. The current rear rims are original to the other one.. I have everything right down the to CEET gas tank cover, and even the original helmets that came with it, in 2 different sizes. The seat also has no tears in it at all. At one time it had a strip of chrome run around the front fender, and I think it may have had the extnded front fedner but I'm not sure. The holes are there for it. It also has the front fender brace and a black headlight guard.

The only damage is a small 4" crack in the rear fender on the left side. Pretty good for having a lot of hours on it, miles and general abuse. This bike has been run HARD. All that, and even after sitting in my shed for years, it still fires right up and runs like a champ. It smoked pretty good running bad gas through it, but once i adjusted the carb and the bad gas turned into good gas, the smoke went away and it's run great ever since. The shifter is getting a bit loose and it needs a chain . The front tire is original but dryrotted to major cracking from sitting. The plastics were a bit dusty when I took these pictures, but they are not faded too bad. But anyways it's beena good trike and I wanted to show it off. So here it is, and as I promsed, it will have more pics up later.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af257/slashfan7964/null_zps66af69ce.jpg

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af257/slashfan7964/null_zpsd39e390f.jpg

6speedthumper
10-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a Honda to me! Haha. Good for you dude!

slashfan7964
10-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Haha thanks man lol. I still have to get the rest of the pictures up though.
She's been a great trike. I won't ever get rid of her.