PDA

View Full Version : Fast Trekkers that good?

jays375
10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
How well do the 18x11-10 Fast Trekkers work compared to 18x10-8 Turf Tammers.

3wheeled roofer
10-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I raced last weekend and used Quadra max tires instead of the fast trekkers I have been racing with and I was impressed by the hook up. I still had good slip in corners after I went up to 12lbs of pressure. track was the best its ever been so it might have been just as good on the trekkers. racing at glen Helen in a couple of weeks and gonna try the quadras again but still taken the trekkers just in case. I will try and remember to give you a report after next race. trekkers look cool as hell though, loved the look since I was a kid. good luck with the choices cause I have spent about 600 bucks tryin to figure it out.

keister
10-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Looking forward to the next ride report from The Roofer.

With that said, he is racing on a very different surface than we are, JR.
Titan Fast Trekkers are the best MX tire for the loomy PA, OH, NY soil.

For an MX endorsement, ask any old school OTC racer. Snake, Kintore, Timmy200, Russell, SlowZ28......please chime in....

jays375
10-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Well which Trekkers are better?18x11-10 or 18x11-8?

keister
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Sorry for the late reply. My Trekkers are 18x11-10. I think that is the same all the others run.
Keep in mind, I say they are perfect, but that is for my 250R. Assuming you will be putting these on your big thumper. I know the guys with the 450s run these tires too - but still I wish someone who runs these on a 4-stroke would chime in.

Don't know how hard they are to find these days. I got mine years ago as a closeout (leftover bin) on eBay.
They were available cause the kwad guys don't like them -- too much slide in the turns - but that is exactly why the trike guys love them.

Kintore
10-30-2013, 12:46 PM
I still run them on my 450. I love them, you have to sacrifice ride for them though. Ive noticed a big difference going to one machine to another with different tires.

I will say this, 450's EAT these tires up. Like 2 seasons and they have very noticable wear. I love the fact they have little to no sidewall roll. Very predictable tire, I will run these things till I cant get anymore. Favorite by FAR.

Dirtcrasher
10-30-2013, 03:36 PM
I raced last weekend and used Quadra max tires instead of the fast trekkers I have been racing with and I was impressed by the hook up. I still had good slip in corners after I went up to 12lbs of pressure. track was the best its ever been so it might have been just as good on the trekkers. racing at glen Helen in a couple of weeks and gonna try the quadras again but still taken the trekkers just in case. I will try and remember to give you a report after next race. trekkers look cool as hell though, loved the look since I was a kid. good luck with the choices cause I have spent about 600 bucks tryin to figure it out.

Whats up my friend!! Glen Helen?? Thats awesome!! What are you racing there?? A trike??

Damn, you guys have it all, and all we have is 6 months of snow cold misery :(

Can't wait to see you again.....:D

M.Pargiello
10-31-2013, 06:43 AM
I have a set of them for my 200X, great hook and scary slides haha. Haven't bolted them to the 300 yet. I'll bet I will still enjoy them