PDA

View Full Version : Message To Greenhuman

yaegerb
10-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello Sir,
I tried to PM you but it said your inbox was full.

I am trying out different carburetors on my 200x flat track build and saw a thread of yours that peaked my curiosity. You recommend a CR80 carburetor and that made me think of a couple questions I have outlined below. If you can either respond to this thread with the answers or send me a PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. What year of CR 80 Carburetor do you recommend?
2. Is that a 28MM Carburetor?
3. You recommended using a stock Banshee needle in place of the Keihin. Do you happen to have the number for that needle or can you tell me what year of Banshee to use?
4. Are there any other modifications you make to that carburetor?

Thanks for your time!

greenhuman
10-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Its the same as the '81 or '82 250R standard 28mm carb. You can use the 250r carb as well and is probably easier to get.
I'm fairly sure all the standard Banshee needles are the same but I did use 2001 model needle.
The slides can be different. I am sure I used one with a 1.5 number. It has a high cutaway. If you can get a couple of slides that are flatter you can experiment and grind the cutaway till the off idle and mid range cleans up.

atc300r
10-22-2013, 08:13 AM
The 81-82 250r has a 27 mill carb.I had pics of a 200x head with a 81-82 250r carb mounted. I used a honda streetbike intake boot .It is all bolt on. I will see if I can find the pics.