PDA

View Full Version : 200x sprocket hub repair and replacment fork caps

hippyplz
10-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Is there any way of repairing the sprocket hub on the first gen 200x's? I have been looking for a nos one, but havent had any luck. Anyone found a good replacment or repair? Also looking for replacment caps for the top of the forks.
Thanks Jason

oldskool83
10-18-2013, 11:06 AM
with out pics I dont know what really wrong. air caps are the same a 83-84 250r.

shortline10
10-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Im sure I have a few good tight sprocket hubs but all are used. Unfortunately the axle wears with the hub so look their for wear as well .
I haven't seen a new one in a long time.

oldskool83
10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
take it off, machine a new plate with a trx sprocket pattern. machine down the oem sprocket hub, weld the new plate to it. weld the hub to the axle. call it a day.

Best solution I've come up with because I somthing similar did it on a 250R axle in my 200x, however my sprocket hub is removable and super tight vs the loose 200x ones.

and they designed to move/jiggle from the factory too btw.

my idea Cost me what a new rear sprocket costs.......

hippyplz
10-18-2013, 05:50 PM
The 83-84 caps fit? The axle to hub fit is pretty good, it the rubber bushings where the sprocket mounts to the hub that's bad. I like what you did and dropped hre a email to see if anything could be done with the stock hub. I was thinking about pressing out the rubber bushings and replacing them with aluminum or steel inserts. Only problem I can see with a solid mount setup is the extra force it's going to add to the axle spline.

Bren_downe
10-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Are the metal bushings inside the rubber still intact? I threaded some grade 8 bolts through my hub and sprocket. Holding up great so far.

oldskool83
10-18-2013, 07:44 PM
oh if thats whats wrong you can just press in delron spacers. Its just extra crush drive but new atvs do not have it. also you could weld the holes shut and just redrill them.