PDA

View Full Version : White 185 rear fenders

captainweezy
10-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Has anybody ever seen any or ever heard of any company that makes them still? Putting on an 82.

Ghostv2
10-17-2013, 12:15 AM
If you remember Mrs.Mosh had a bunch of custom Tri-Z and 250r fenders in blue, pink, carbon fiber, and silver. Maybe she might know where there is some. But unless someone did a private run at maier or at home then its non existent. I checked all over and im sure you did too. Its not likely though, i mean its not every day someone wants custom fenders for a 185.

Happy hunting? :lol:

captainweezy
10-17-2013, 07:04 AM
If you remember Mrs.Mosh had a bunch of custom Tri-Z and 250r fenders in blue, pink, carbon fiber, and silver. Maybe she might know where there is some. But unless someone did a private run at maier or at home then its non existent. I checked all over and im sure you did too. Its not likely though, i mean its not every day someone wants custom fenders for a 185.

Happy hunting? :lol:
Yes i have searched. I know there was some. Fiberglass are fine as well.

effort=results
10-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Try wrapping them with vinyl. I wrapped my 110.

Vealmonkey
10-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Of course Maier made them a while ago. The early fenders were dull white and they produced them in the shiney white as well. And I agree with you about being a while since I've seen any. I may have a set or 2 in fiberglass, but they are red, but they are paintable. I have 2 different styles, one looks stock the other I would maybe call custom or aftermarket style. It would be nice to find someone who could pop molds from the fenders as you don't see many nice 185s anymore, you know? There is a set on ebay, but they are kind of pricey and not in the best of shape and in my opinion not worth what the seller is asking. Maybe we could work something out??

MRSOUND
10-17-2013, 04:45 PM
You may want to see if you can get a set hydrodipped? coolpool just had his 90 body parts done in a cameo and then clearcoated for durability. I don't see why they couldn't do a solid color as well? I've been pondering this ever since I read his thread.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/162062-A-Different-Look-for-a-US90-Hydrodipping

captainweezy
10-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Of course Maier made them a while ago. The early fenders were dull white and they produced them in the shiney white as well. And I agree with you about being a while since I've seen any. I may have a set or 2 in fiberglass, but they are red, but they are paintable. I have 2 different styles, one looks stock the other I would maybe call custom or aftermarket style. It would be nice to find someone who could pop molds from the fenders as you don't see many nice 185s anymore, you know? There is a set on ebay, but they are kind of pricey and not in the best of shape and in my opinion not worth what the seller is asking. Maybe we could work something out??
Yes i would settle for fiberglass. I need to talk to my body guy and see what he thinks also.

captainweezy
10-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Try wrapping them with vinyl. I wrapped my 110.
I did think about doing this also. However i really want this build to be super nice. Doubt i could get all the wrinkles out or even a good vinyl guy.

effort=results
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM

It can be done and done right. the best thing about the wrap is when it gets beat up , tear it off and replace. newphew cracked a fender on mine and i plastic welded it and rewrapped. good as new. the white would look great.

captainweezy
10-30-2013, 03:27 PM

It can be done and done right. the best thing about the wrap is when it gets beat up , tear it off and replace. newphew cracked a fender on mine and i plastic welded it and rewrapped. good as new. the white would look great.
I have to say that pic does look good. Last call anybody have a set for sale? I may do the wrap. I have a vinyl buddy.