PDA

View Full Version : A Different Look for a US90 - Hydrodipping

coolpool
10-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I got back my fenders, tank and forks from a guy who does hydro dipping. I must say I'm impressed with the finish. The forks appear to be white but it's actually more like the colour of a propane tank (industrial white) which is the base coat under the film. I'm torn whether to stick with the industrial white forks and paint the frame the same or use the nice black frame I have and paint up a set of forks black. The engine is going to be a 110 and the tires/wheels aftermarket. What are your thoughts, black and camo or white and camo. I'm leaning toward white. And the guy did the base coat, dipping and clear coat for $300! I thought that was a deal.

C.J
10-14-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm extremely biased towards white and camo myself. That hydro dipping looks great!!!

There's a place down the road from me called Frog Skinz that does that stuff

kb0nly
10-14-2013, 08:43 PM
That looks damn nice!! Only question i have is how well does it stand up over time?

90guy
10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Very very nice! I like it a lot! I've been debating on getting some done my self! I've seen snowmobiles done and they look great!

rg97
10-14-2013, 08:52 PM
hey 90guy congrats on your 1,000th post!
I think that the fenders look great, but i've seen that a lot of the times, they dont hold up and after one spot starts to go, the rest does

90guy
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
hey 90guy congrats on your 1,000th post!
I think that the fensers look great, but i've seen that a lot of the times, they dont hold up and after one spot starts to go, the rest does
Hahaha! I didn't even notice! That's whats been holding me back is I don't know how it would hold up. But man does it look good!:beer

Ghostv2
10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
I say go with the white, it will look awesome.

Buck Snort
10-14-2013, 08:59 PM
LOOKS GREAT! I am thinking I would like the white a bit more than the black.

atc007
10-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Way cool Pete. Lol, A good friend called yesterday and he has a KFX 400 set getting dipped. This dipper is currently doing RZR's for the local Polaris dealer,but was very concerned with all the curves in the Kawi. At any rate. I would usually vote flat black. But I really like that white! Polished rims?? What a cool little bike this will be!

C.J
10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
if you clear coat over it it will hold a lot better.

guys down here do carbon fiber dip on their rzr's and mud bikes all the time and it holds up pretty dang well. but then again, once one little spot starts to go,,,, well, believe me, its worth it to blast some clear coat on it.

6speedthumper
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Damn that is sharp! Just what is hydrodipping?

Dirtcrasher
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Cool, I like the look! And thats the perfect model ATC for it.....

coolpool
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I hear you about durability and in this case the film does have a clear coat on it already. A co-worker had her quad done by this guy and she hasn't had any issues yet; and she beats on it fairly regular. Time will tell I guess since this will be a rider.

Dirtcrasher
10-15-2013, 12:23 AM
A co-worker had her quad done and she beats on it fairly regular.

Thats awesome :D

coolpool
10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Thats awesome :D

Just read your new signature DC, lol. Glad your taking it in stride! Should be over the first three worst days by now when stuff stops swelling?

Dirtcrasher
10-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Just read your new signature DC, lol. Glad your taking it in stride! Should be over the first three worst days by now when stuff stops swelling?

Thanks coolpool; Off to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. Hospital wasted 10 days with scheduling. What can I do beside just deal with it positively........

Just motivates me more!

Sorry for the O T but it is your thread.

:D

MRSOUND
10-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Looks great coolpool! I'm with the majority and like the white. I too wondered how they do it. U tube is a wonderful thing:D. After seeing yours and hearing they have a fair chance of holding up if clear coated gives me hope that you could make any fender any color you want.This will allow you to make any color scheme on your trike you choose. Hmmm.