PDA

View Full Version : 125 suzuki

King Trikester
10-13-2013, 01:40 PM
who can tell me a bit about these trikes? I found one for sale for 100$ I dont know much more about it other than he drove it into his shed a few years ago and lots interest in it. are they rare? are parts readely available? would you recomend it? reliable? either way i dont think I can go wrong for 100$, im sure if the rest of it is garbage i could part it out. he said it ran good, no smoke.

King Trikester
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
ok so what im looking for is your opinion on a suzuki 125 atl, anyone have any?

Yamaha_Rules69
10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
The big plus side of the alt 125 and 175 3 wheeler is that a lot of the parts from the LT 4 wheeler of around the same age will fit. That, and they had reverse. I think they would make a good hunting rig if it had at least a rear rack. I think parts are uncommon for them. I wouldn't call them a rare machine, but for some reason it seems like they are not the most desired. You never really hear a whole lot about them. I've got a 125 frame with rear end sitting under the barn, so they must not be that hard to find. LOL

Tri-ZNate
10-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Alot of the parts interchange with the lt125. For $100 grab it but It's not something I'd recommend if there were other trikes available and be easy on the shifter. I swear they make the shift shafts out of butter

honda4h
10-13-2013, 11:33 PM
you cant go wrong for 100 bucks what can you buy for 100 bucks? if the tires are good its worth that.

King Trikester
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
thank you, im looking for opinons on them, i realize i cant go wrong for 100$ but what do you guys think of them. keep them comming

Toaster556
10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I had a 185 that I had to give away to a buddy recently, it made a great yard machine/ track dragger, but a terrible trail rig. For that last 8 weeks I lived in BC, I used it to drag the sand ring at the place I was renting every day, and it never missed a beat.
A nice thing about the 125 is the fact that the top end (Cylinder, head, piston, cam, the works) can be swapped around with the 125 to create a low compression 150, or if the motor's fried, you can just use DR/ DRZ125 top end parts to repair it. The granny low is also nice, I could putt around at walking speed no problem.
The downsides were a terrible seat, narrow and short wheelbase, and the fact that I'm 6'5 on a machine designed for someone around 5'6 :lol:

King Trikester
10-14-2013, 07:45 PM
thank you toaster556, I just came a acoss a 125m, it looks like its in really good shape he only wants 300$ for it, I belive its an 86, looks almost flawless other than a rip in the seat and a small crack in one fender, but garaged stored most of its life, im going to pick this one up first, hopefully for 200$ so the suzuki will have to wait. kinda strange, both of these arent up for sale anywhere and fell into my lap im not even looking for a 125 of any brand , but a second gen 125m is on my list of must have one day.

jeswinehart
10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I picked up a free 125 and got it running with just a carb cleaning. Absolutely the worst handling trike I have ever rode.
Steered stupid hard and wanted to snap back straight no matter what I done to air pressures,,, it would wear you out in just a couple of laps around my small back yard.
My nephew found that to be true (sorry about my brother not wearing a helmet while on my Polaris trike).
ATC tim may also have a few comments to chime in with (please). I believe it was Tim who said that particular trike was the one that started the uproar about safety.
They really do handle terriblely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53510RDmsY

King Trikester
10-14-2013, 08:35 PM
ha thats funny, didnt see that crash coming at all, thanks for sharing, this is the kind of info I want to here

CRAZY70MAN
10-15-2013, 05:40 AM
I agree with John about the handling. I have had a few and still own one. Seems to be a very high center of gravity and the are very tippy in my opinion. They have a very easy reverse mechanism and also a creeper gear on upshift from neutral. A few negatives are the carb with the pump primer which leak often and are extinct in good shape, no rebuild. Other than that....I love to wheelie mine every now and again! I have parts one if ya need some things....

Afrothunderkat
10-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Best fastest 3 wheeler ever made.