PDA

View Full Version : where is the cammo jacked 250 es thread

roonie
10-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I remember seeing a thread on here where a guy was showcasing his 85 or 86 Honda 250 es that he jacked and extended the forks, added mags and cammo dipped the plastics. I think he named it trikezilla? Can anyone find that thread for me....i could not. Any help would be great. It was about 5 years ago if i recall.

Jason125m
10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
this one? http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/109054-Honda-Big-Camo-250es-project?p=860571#post860571

ericmreimer
10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
year I've seen it. The camo didn't last long though.
here is a thread
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/112846-Big-Camo-is-now-Big-Red-again!

atc007
10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I remember seeing a thread on here where a guy was showcasing his 85 or 86 Honda 250 es that he jacked and extended the forks, added mags and cammo dipped the plastics. I think he named it trikezilla? Can anyone find that thread for me....i could not. Any help would be great. It was about 5 years ago if i recall.
Lol, It's sitting here at my place. What questions did you have?

roonie
10-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh i just picked up a 250 es that has a few issues. I remember seeing yours. I do a lot of hunting and thought it would be great to gain some ground clearance as we go through a lot of mud holes on our way into the forest. Wanted to relook at your ideas as far as how far up you took it etc. That is ...if'in ya dont mind. lol Did the rear lift have any effect on the life of your driveline or driveshaft etc. atcoo7? Anything else you can tell me you wish or wished you would NOT have done. thanks

tvpierce
10-14-2013, 05:39 AM
Lol, It's sitting here at my place. What questions did you have?

RE: extended forks... I saw the pics in the original tread with the fresh powder coat. What was the process for extending them?

Thanks in advance.

atc007
10-14-2013, 07:20 AM
I actually bought it from Mondexbrute on here. I didn't build it. For exactly what you are looking for. Find Dougspcs on here. He has built 2 of EXACTLY what you need. End of story lol. Don't go welding and extending like this one... It is great for what it's intended for. Going through swamps you can't walk through,and looking insanely bad ass. But for hunting,find Dougs set ups. He changes front tire and rim,and rear tires and rims. Pretty economically too And ends up with THE most capable woods 3 wheeler there is. You will SHAME $12000 quads with this setup.

Here ya go :)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/154512-My-250ES-mini-build..documented.?highlight=big+red+build

NO-SCALES
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM

im not sure what this guy did to his big red , but i like it

roonie
10-14-2013, 01:23 PM
I actually bought it from Mondexbrute on here. I didn't build it. For exactly what you are looking for. Find Dougspcs on here. He has built 2 of EXACTLY what you need. End of story lol. Don't go welding and extending like this one... It is great for what it's intended for. Going through swamps you can't walk through,and looking insanely bad ass. But for hunting,find Dougs set ups. He changes front tire and rim,and rear tires and rims. Pretty economically too And ends up with THE most capable woods 3 wheeler there is. You will SHAME $12000 quads with this setup.

Here ya go :)http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/154512-My-250ES-mini-build..documented.?highlight=big+red+build

Looked at dougspcs build.....doesnt look like he has near the ground clearance that yours does......and ground clearance is what im after. IMHO...the big red has enough power just lacks clearance. Trust me ive hunted with a 200m all my life and it was always a bit underpowered but went through some of the same stuff the 700s quads went through and all my 700 buds were mistified and more than impressed. The nice thing was when they were pulling out their winches i was just lifting my rear end up and over and kept on truckin. lol Having said all of this....it was still bottoming out. Hence the reason for the need to lift my new to me 250 es

atc007
10-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, well, Dougs has a lot of ground clearance. There hasn't been any issues with the driveshaft. If I was heading the direction you are. I would probably put a rear disc conversion on it. There is a thread in here somewhere. I THINK THEY USE PRIMARILY OLD YZ ROTORS? THEY MOUNT THEM TO THE LEFT HUB AREA Damn caps lol. If you are gonna be in as serious mud as you're thinking. I would do that. I think all the rest of the info you need is in the thread above Jason linked. Lmk if you need anything else.

roonie
10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
i think all a guy needs to do is pull of that BRed hub once a yr. and have a look at it...clean it out every so often..... No?