PDA

View Full Version : 350x..fix leaking stock carb or install 400ex carb?

Ddw350
09-25-2013, 10:10 PM
now that my exhaust is done and over with im on carb duty. my factory carb seems to be dripping out the overflow,if i even touch the machine while its sitting still..i get a fast drip. been doing this for some time now..i do have a stock 400ex carb that i obtained awhile back ive been thinking about putting it on to see what happens...or should i stay simple and rebuild the old one?

Dirtcrasher
09-25-2013, 10:27 PM
You can try it , I am unsure if the accelerator pump has a leak jet as that is not an FCR carb.

400EX is an improvement if jetted right with no airbox lid and a nice flowing exhaust..............

Your ultimate upgrade is a 39 or 41MM FCR dirtbike carb. However, you will need to fashion an intake and air filter or pod.

Plan on 250$ when all is said and done.

Ddw350
09-25-2013, 10:34 PM
yea...$250 might be a little more than i want to put in,since i need other items 1st...i was thinking just installing the 400 carb and see what happens...if it runs fine then great,ill leave it on and tinker with it..if it runs like crap..ill get the 20$ rebuild kit and go that route instead..and fix the choke while im at it!

fcf35
09-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Slap that 400 Carb on.you wont be dissapointed.you'll have to heat up your intake and breather tube to make it fit but it will fit.I'm not sure what stock 400 jets are but mine has a 150 and a 40 with a full exhaust and no lid and it runs really good.mine has a stock motor and will pull wheelies up to 4th gear with just throttle.it will in 5 and 6 if you let off the throttle without clutching and hit it again.

Ddw350
10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
carb leaks a little so i got new bowl gasket.jets are 142 and 45.runs pretty good overall,im sure it could use some fine tuning but i prob wont fool with it anymore. plug looked good after a 10 mins cruise, did feel like it was wanting more gas 3/4 throttle but after i get the bowl leak fixed and the airbox lid on a little better than it was maybe that will cure my problem..or make it worse! but im happy with the easier starting and low end for sure

ps2fixer
10-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Slap that 400 Carb on.you wont be dissapointed.you'll have to heat up your intake and breather tube to make it fit but it will fit.I'm not sure what stock 400 jets are but mine has a 150 and a 40 with a full exhaust and no lid and it runs really good.mine has a stock motor and will pull wheelies up to 4th gear with just throttle.it will in 5 and 6 if you let off the throttle without clutching and hit it again.

Mine does that with a factory engine/carb that is slightly lean and a DG exhaust. My other 350x can't pull up in 6th, but it's carb overflows like the OP, mine is so bad now that if can flood the engine if i park it on a hill at all and always has been hard starting since I got it. <3 my beater, starts so easy!