PDA

View Full Version : Progress on childhood ATC (been sitting for 20years)

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, I have recently acquired an ATC that I used to ride when I was a kid... My childhood next door neighbor never sold his ATC after all these years and its been sitting in his garage collecting dust. So after years of badgering him I was able to purchase it and I have been working on trying to get her running once more. When I got her she had all three of her tires were completely flat but I was able to air up the two rear ones. Sadly the original tire one the front was completely rotted away .

When I got her, the first thing I did was a preliminary checkover of the entire ATC to see what the overall condition of it was. I found out he left fuel in it which was in a stage of funk I would rather not go into (let's just say it was really bad). Happily though, the tank wasn't rusted in any way but the carb took the major portion of damage. I also found that the rear axle bearings are worn out (prob a common thing I guess) so I will have to address that before I actually do any real riding. Here is a few pictures of it the day I got it.

Now I have made some progress ....did some cleaning and what-not

So After I got her all cleaned out and put back together I made me a little video of her running again after sitting for 20 years... I didn't put the camera on me at all cause I had tears rolling down my cheeks cause it was that emotional for me... This is an honest to god piece of my childhood that I never forgot about and to hear the sweet sound of it running was music to my ears...

ScreaminRed
09-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Happy for you man! Vero beach, huh? I used to live in titusville, cape canaveral, and cocoa beach.
Just up the road from ya. :beer

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 10:30 PM
OH YEAH? That's cool man, you must have gotten tired of the heat...lol.... I am in the process of trying to upload a video of it but youtube is being difficult..

ericmreimer
09-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Nice! It'll be awesome to get to ride you old three wheeler again!

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Eric, you wouldn't happen to know the bearing numbers and seals by any chance would ya?....there is a local bearing supply shop here in my home town that may have something that will work on the shelf.

ScreaminRed
09-13-2013, 10:48 PM
OH YEAH? That's cool man, you must have gotten tired of the heat...lol.... I am in the process of trying to upload a video of it but youtube is being difficult..

Not so much the heat....Jobs! I actually miss FL and all the fishing and beach bumming. :)

ScreaminRed
09-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Eric, you wouldn't happen to know the bearing numbers and seals by any chance would ya?....there is a local bearing supply shop here in my home town that may have something that will work on the shelf.

Try the service honda website, that may help you out.

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 10:55 PM
which one, I see a bunch

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 11:01 PM
NVM, I found it..... the bearings are a 6007 and the seals are 42mm x 62mm x 7mm

ScreaminRed
09-13-2013, 11:06 PM
http://servicehonda.com/

S14MARKSR
09-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Oh , seems how you miss fishing soo much... I am prob going shark fishing tomorrow night ...hehe

ScreaminRed
09-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Oh , seems how you miss fishing soo much... I am prob going shark fishing tomorrow night ...hehe
Shark fin soup! Lol. Have fun! Caught a 49lb striped bass since I've been up here. Caught some freshwater couple months ago. That's the last time I've been out.

ericmreimer
09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh man, sorry, didn't see your response til now.

shortline10
09-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Hello neighbor , welcome to the madness !!!!
If your in need of parts I have a shop about 30 miles south of you .

Ghostv2
09-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Is that a 200s? I'm glad to hear you got a piece of your childhood back. The feel, the smell, nothing like it. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of it all shined up and running.
Enjoy it.

S14MARKSR
09-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Is that a 200s? I'm glad to hear you got a piece of your childhood back. The feel, the smell, nothing like it. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of it all shined up and running.
Enjoy it.

Yup it sure is ... its a 1983 Honda 200

S14MARKSR
09-14-2013, 09:49 PM
So I got the rear axle assembly off after a little bit of fighting with it.. It has seen some time in the water so the inside of the brake area was pretty rough shape. I would like to get another brake drum if anyone out there has one and if at all possible an outside factory chain guard that's still in working order...this one is pretty banged up and worn thru in some spots..

S14MARKSR
09-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Made some more progress this morning, after I removed the rear axle housing I wanted to see about getting the rear wheel bearings and seals out.. Guys lemme tell ya, I honestly didn't think I was gonna have much success getting them out. Those suckers were freaking welded in there from all the water and mud they have seen it's no wonder they even moved at all...ordered the parts from ATCheaven.com. They are out of Austrailia so I hope I don't wait an eternity. Now I know what you all are prob saying, Why didn't get from a supplier here in the states... well its more due to the price than anything and to be honest when I ordered them I didn't realize they were even out of the country...hopefully they will get here soon enough.

Mark