PDA

View Full Version : 250sx front hub to fork question

UPNATM
09-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, the other day I installed my new front rim/tire combo on my project sx, and I noticed that where the male block on the brake panel sits into the female portion on the fork that there is play there. When the front end is in then air, and you spin the wheel, and then apply the break, it will move back and forth making a clunk sound.
Has anybody ever came across this, and if so, know of a fix? I thought of making a shim to slide in there, but am unsure of how keep it from moving around as well.

Thanks
Aaron

Frankencelery
09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
That's not a bug, that's a feature! (at least that's what we say in the computer industry). I've never really noticed on mine, because I don't usually apply the front brake when in a wheelie. On the ground, I assume it wouldn't do that. Even if it does, do you think it's doing any harm?

UPNATM
09-05-2013, 06:43 PM
On the ground, I assume it wouldn't do that. Even if it does, do you think it's doing any harm?

On the ground, I im not sure, I cant tell by just rocking it back and forth with the brake on, and I haven't ridden it yet. But, when I checked for the same thing on my other SX, it has a real tight fit, and doesn't do it. Will it do any harm? Im not sure, but there is for sure some play in there.