PDA

View Full Version : HoleShot HD's on a 350x

Ride_Red_Man
09-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Hey all!! I just purchased a set of HoleShot HD's 20/11x9's for my 86 350X and was wondering what the opinion was of anyone who has ran these tires. I am anxiously awaiting the time to mount them up and see how they do. :naughty: I probably should've asked this BEFORE I purchased them, but hey sometimes the ole mush between the ears doesnt work too well. LOL! :lol:

keister
09-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Excellent choice! My 350X had HD's on it when I bought it in 2008. I have put hundreds (likely thousands) of very hard miles on them. They do excellent in mud, slide well, never let me down on a hill climb, and are just fine in the snow. We ride gnarly rocky trails and they don't wear down. Never had puncture issues either. Finally, this year, I flipped them around backwards when I put the 400X motor in. Now I have a nice sharp edge again (for the next 4-5 years).

Others might tell you that a round profile "roundy poundy" tire gives a smoother ride. I can't deny that fact. Personally, the 350X rear shock is cushy enough for me. For my money, give me the agressive Holeshot HD that comes with the confidence of always having enough traction to get me across the mudhole or to the top of the mountain.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I've been planning to get a set on Douglass G2 Beadlocks for my 350r for quite a while now.. I want traction traction traction in the gravel! The Dunlop radials from a stock 450r work pretty good, but I always figured those HD's would be quite a bit better.

Just a matter of working up the $500 to spend on the tires and wheels.... Always something..

dougspcs
09-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I trade up between a pair of Holeshots and Mudlites as I have two sets loaded on rims to switch off my 350x.

Holeshots are great on dry trail or 'track' type riding..but I don't find them much good in the mud.

So when I'm planning one of those muddy rides I switch over the the Mud Lites..

yamaha225dr
09-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I had a set of wheels and Holeshot HD tires given to me and I love them! They are a little harder to break loose in a slide then the Turf Tamers I had but that still isn't bad. I have no complaints with them, they have really good straight line traction but spin just enough to keep the front tire under control.

Dirtcrasher
09-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I still have my same exact set, on .190 rims. Never had a sidewall or other puncture issue. They are probably twice the weight; But, if you ride in what we call "HELL" they make me feel at ease......